viewing Apigee X documentation.
View Apigee Edge documentation.
You can configure your integration to send alerts under various conditions such as error rate, warning rate, or execution latency. The alerts are configurable either for a specific task or for the entire integration. If you configure an alert at a task level, only the executions of the task are considered for generating the alerts. If you configure an alert at the integration level, the executions of the entire integration are considered for generating the alerts.
Configure an alert
- Go to the Apigee UI and sign in.
- Select your organization using the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the UI.
- Click Develop > Integrations.
- Search for or select the integration to edit from the Integrations list and click to open the integration designer.
- Click Alerts.
- In the Alert Manager page, click CREATE NEW.
- In the Create new alert dialog, set the following properties:
- Alert name: Name of the alert.
- Integration name: Name of the integration.
- Trigger or task: Trigger name for an integration level alert or a task name for a task level alert.
- Metric that triggers alert: The alert condition and the corresponding values for the condition. For the list of all the available metrics, see Alert conditions.
- Threshold type: This can be either Less than or Greater than.
- Threshold value: Number of occurrences of the alert condition after which the alert is sent.
- Time period (minutes): Time constraint for the threshold. For example, for an Error rate alert if you set the time period to 5 minutes, and the threshold to 100, an alert is sent if there are more than 100 errors within 5 minutes.
- Custom notification message: Optional text in the alert message.
- Only count final entries: Enable this option if the alert should consider only the final retry of the task or the integration. For more information on the retry strategies, see Error handling strategies.
The alerts are sent to the essential contacts configured in your Google Cloud Project. For more information on adding essential contacts, see Managing contacts for notifications.