You can manage your environments with a combination of the Google Cloud console and the hybrid
runtime configuration file. This section describes how to create a new environment, edit an
environment's details, and delete an existing environment with Google Cloud. You must then update
overrides.yaml on the runtime plane to complete the creation or deletion of an environment.
Create a new environment in the UI
To create a new environment, you must do the following (in this order):
- Create a new environment in the Google Cloud console.
- Provision the new environment in your overrides file.
You can create up to 75 environments per organization.
To create a new environment:
- Create the new environment as described in
There can be a several minute delay before the new environment is provisioned.
Even when provisioning is done, you have one more step to perform. You must still add the environment to the runtime's
- On the Kubernetes administration machine, add the new environment to the runtime's overrides file, as described in How to add multiple environments.
Edit an existing environment in the UI
You can change the following properties of an existing environment in the UI:
- Display name
To edit an existing environment, see Editing environments.
Delete an existing environment
To delete an existing environment, you must do the following (in this order):
- Delete the environment in the UI, as described in this section
- Delete the environment from the runtime, as described in Deleting environments.
To delete an existing environment:
- Delete the environment in the Apigee UI using the instructions in
The environment's card in the UI displays a Pending Deletion label while Apigee deletes the environment.
There can be a several minute delay before the deletion is completed.
- Delete the environment from the runtime's
overrides.yamlfile, as described in Deleting environments.