After you build and launch your APIs on Apigee, you need to ensure that they are available and performing as expected in order to maintain uninterrupted service. Apigee's API Monitoring enables you to track your APIs to make sure they are up and running correctly. API Monitoring provides near real-time insights into API traffic and performance, to help you quickly diagnose and solve issues as they arise.
API Monitoring enables you to:
- Create alerts to notify you of changes in API traffic so you can take appropriate action before customers are affected.
- Increase API availability and reduce the mean-time-to-diagnosis (MTTD) by quickly investigating issues with your APIs.
- Leverage fault codes to speed diagnosis.
- Isolate problem areas quickly to diagnose errors, performance, and latency issues and their source.
API Monitoring roles
To access API Monitoring, Apigee users need the following roles:
For more about Apigee roles, see Apigee roles for more information about what roles are appropriate for using API Monitoring.
Accessing API Monitoring
You can access API Monitoring through the Apigee UI by doing the following steps:
- Sign in to Apigee UI.
- Switch to the organization that you want to monitor.
- Select Analyze > API Monitoring. The submenu displays links to
the two main views in the UI, as shown below.
- Timeline: Displays timelines of recent API traffic.
- Investigate: Displays graphs of specified API traffic parameters, such as fault code by region.
The following sections describes these views in detail: