Reserve a static IP
Follow the steps below to create a static IP address for the runtime load balancer. This address exposes the hybrid runtime to API proxy requests coming from outside the cluster.
- Open the Google Cloud Console and log in with the account you created in Step 1: Create a Google Cloud account.
- Select the project that you created in Step 2: Create a Google Cloud project.
- If you have not already done so, enable the Cloud DNS API. See Enabling APIs.
- Create a static IP address:
- Copy the external IP address you just reserved. For example:
188.8.131.52. You will need it in a later step.
Get a registered domain
If you already have a registered domain, you can use it for the Apigee hybrid installation. If not, you can register a domain name through Google Domains or another domain registrar of your choice.
Configure your DNS
Create a new A type record in a zone in your DNS server as follows:
- Specify a DNS zone subdomain name. For example, suppose your zone's parent domain is
acme.com, the subdomain name might be
myapi. In this example, the address would be:
- Set the A record address to the numeric IP address of your static IP, in dotted decimal format.
If you do not have an existing domain available to use, we provide a quickstart example that shows how to use Google Domains and Google Cloud DNS to create a domain and set up a DNS zone. See DNS quickstart.