viewing Apigee X documentation.
View Apigee Edge documentation.
There are two types of tasks available in Apigee Integration - Core tasks and Connector tasks. The Send Email task is a Core task that lets you send custom email notifications from your integration. You can email one or more recipients with a custom subject and a custom message.
Configure the Send Email task
To configure the Send Email task:
- Go to the Apigee UI and sign in.
- Select your organization using the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the UI.
- Click Develop > Integrations.
- Search for or select the integration to edit from the Integrations list and click to open the integration designer.
- Click +Add a task/trigger > Tasks to view the available tasks.
- Drag the Send Email task element to the integration designer.
- Click the Send Email task element on the designer to open the Send Email task configuration pane.
- Configure the remaining fields using the Configuration properties for the task as detailed in the tables below.
- Changes to the properties are saved automatically.
The following table describes the configuration properties of the Send Email task.
||String||Email address of the recipient(s). You can specify multiple email addresses separated by a comma.|
||String||Email subject line.|
||String||Email body in plaintext.|
You can set the properties to any of the following values:
- A literal
- An integration variable
- A combination of a literal and an integration variable
You can enter combinations of literals and integration variables for the string values. Use dollar sign notation for variable names,
that is, precede and follow
the variable name with a
For example, if you want to use a variable
$varSubject$ in the email
Subject, you will enter text similar to
Test $varSubject$ where
Test is a literal and
$varSubject$ is the variable.
Retry on failure
You can configure various retry strategies to handle errors in a task. The retry strategies allow you to specify how to rerun the task in case of an error. For more information, see Error handling strategies.