Flexibility for Every Workload
Resize your clusters, create machine images, virtualize your network, use Preemptible VMs for batch workloads and create Custom Machine Types to optimize for your specific needs. Our pricing model won't lock you into obsolete machine types with upfront agreements.
// CREATE INSTANCE WITH 4 vCPUs and 5 GB MEMORY gcloud compute instances create my-vm --custom-cpu 4 --custom-memory 5 // ENABLE PREEMPTIBLE OPTION gcloud compute instances create my-vm --zone us-central1-b --preemptible
- Predefined Machine Types
- Compute Engine offers predefined virtual machine configurations for every need from micro to instances with 32 vCPUS or 208GB of memory, in standard, high memory, and high CPU configurations.
- Custom Machine Types BETA
- Create virtual machines with the shape (i.e. vCPU and memory) that is right for your workloads. By tailoring your machine to your specific needs you can realize significant savings.
- Local SSD
- Compute Engine offers always-encrypted local solid-state drive (SSD) block storage. Unlike standard persistent disks, local SSDs are physically attached to the server hosting the virtual machine instance offering very high input/output operations per second (IOPS) and very low latency compared to persistent disks.
- Transparent Maintenance
- Our innovative datacenters and Live Migration technology enable proactive infrastructure maintenance, improving reliability and security. Your live VMs are automatically moved to nearby hosts, even if your VMs are under extreme load, while underlying host machines undergo maintenance. You won't have to reboot your VMs due to host software updates or even some classes of detectable hardware failure.
- Global Load Balancing
- Global load-balancing technology helps you distribute incoming requests across pools of instances across multiple regions, so you can achieve maximum performance, throughput and availability at low cost.
- Linux & Windows Support
- Run your choice of OS, including Debian, CentOS, CoreOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat, FreeBSD, or Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2. You can also use a shared image from the Cloud Platform community, or bring your own.
- Batch Processing
- Cost effectively run large compute and batch jobs using Preemptible VMs. Fixed pricing and no contracts or reservations make it easy: simply check a box when you create the VM and turn them off when the work is done.
- Compliance & Security
- All data written to persistent disk in Compute Engine is encrypted on the fly and then transmitted and stored in encrypted form. Google Compute Engine has completed ISO 27001, SSAE-16, SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 certifications, demonstrating our commitment to information security.
- Per-Minute Billing
- Google bills in minute-level increments. After a 10-minute minimum charge, so you only pay for compute time you use.
- Automatic Discounts
- With sustained use discounts, we automatically give you discounted prices for long-running workloads with no sign-up fees or up-front commitment.
- Run, manage and orchestrate Docker containers on Compute Engine VMs with Google Container Engine.
“ Since no existing cloud rendering solution could address our needs at that scale,- Kevin Baillie Atomic Fiction
we decided to develop our own software atop Google Cloud Platform. Google's efficiency, availability of resources, and per-minute billing
formed the back-end of a product we call Conductor. ”
Sustained Use Discounts
Earn up to a 30% net discount for instances that run for an entire month. Compute Engine automatically discounts instances running more than 25% of the days in a month1.
|Montly Usage||Incremental cost per minute|
|0-25% of days in Month||100% of Full Price|
|25-50% of days in Month||80% of Full Price|
|50-75% of days in Month||60% of Full Price|
|75-100% of days in Month||40% of Full Price|
Pricing by Machine types
Choose the machine type that meets your needs. Change machine types whenever you want.
|Machine Type||Price Per Hour||Price at 100% sustained usage|
1-32 Virtual CPUs
|$0.050 - $1.600||$0.035 - $1.120|
Micro w/CPU Bursting
1 Virtual CPU
|$0.008- $0.027||$0.0056 - $0.019|
High Memory Machines
2-32 Virtual CPUs
|$0.126 - $2.016||$0.088 - $1.408|
High CPU Machines
2-32 Virtual CPUs
|$0.076 - $1.216||$0.053 - $0.848|
Based on vCPU and memory usage
Persistent disk storage
Persistent disks are priced by the amount of provisioned space per disk, and billed for the number of seconds your storage is provisioned.
|Disk Storage Type||Price|
|Standard Provisioned Space||$0.04 per GB/Month|
|SSD Provisioned Space||$0.17 per GB/Month|
|Snapshot Storage||$0.026 per GB/Month|