- Serverless data warehousing gives you the resources you need, when you need them. With BigQuery, you can focus on your data and analysis, rather than operating and sizing computing resources.
- Real time analytics
- BigQuery’s high-speed streaming insertion API provides a powerful foundation for real-time analytics. BigQuery allows you to analyze what’s happening now by making your latest business data immediately available for analysis.
- Automatic High Availability
- Free data and compute replication in multiple locations means your data is available for query even in the case of extreme failure modes. BigQuery transparently and automatically provides durable, replicated storage and high-availability with no extra charge and no additional setup.
- Standard SQL
- BigQuery supports a standard SQL dialect which is ANSI:2011 compliant, reducing the need for code rewrite and allowing you to take advantage of advanced SQL features. BigQuery provides free ODBC and JDBC drivers to ensure your current applications can interact with BigQuery’s powerful engine.
- Federated query and logical data warehousing
- BigQuery breaks down data silos so you can analyze all your data assets from one place. Through powerful federated query, BigQuery can process data in object storage(Cloud Storage), transactional databases(Cloud Bigtable), or spreadsheets in Google Drive -- all without duplicating data. One tool lets you query all your data sources.
- Storage and Compute separation
- BigQuery provides you fine grained control of cost and access. With BigQuery’s separated storage and compute, you can pay only for the resources you use. You have the option to choose the storage and processing solutions that make sense for your business, and control access for each.
- Automatic backup and easy restore
- BigQuery automatically replicates data and keeps a 7-day history of changes, reducing worries about unexpected data changes. This allows you to easily restore and compare data from different times.
- Data Transfer Service
- BigQuery makes it easy to get started with data warehousing, even if your data is in a SaaS application. The BigQuery Data Transfer Service automatically transfers data from external data sources like DoubleClick, AdWords, YouTube to Google BigQuery on scheduled and fully-managed basis.
- Big Data ecosystem integration
- With Cloud Dataproc and Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery provides integration with the Apache Big Data ecosystem, allowing existing Hadoop/Spark, and Beam workloads to read or write data directly from BigQuery. BigQuery allows you to get the most out of structured data by making it easy to analyze in SQL and easy to integrate with your existing Big Data jobs, so you don’t have to throw away the work you’ve already done.
- Petabyte scale
- BigQuery is fast and easy to use on data of any size. With BigQuery you’ll get great performance on your data, while knowing you can scale seamlessly to store and analyze petabytes more without having to buy more capacity.
- Flexible pricing models
- BigQuery enables you to choose the pricing model that best suits you. On-demand pricing lets you pay only for the storage and compute that you use. Flat-rate Pricing enables high-volume users or enterprises to choose a stable monthly cost for analysis. For more information, see BigQuery Pricing.
- Data Encryption and Security
- You have full control over who has access to the data stored in Google BigQuery. BigQuery makes it easy to maintain strong security with fine-grained identity and access management with Google Cloud IAM, and your data is always encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Data Locality
- You have the option to store your BigQuery data in US and European locations while continuing to benefit from a fully managed service. BigQuery gives you the option of geographic data control, without having the headaches of setting up and managing clusters and other computing resources in-region.
- Foundation for AI
- BigQuery provides a flexible, powerful foundation for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. BigQuery provides integration with CloudML Engine and TensorFlow to train powerful models on structured data. Moreover, BigQuery’s ability to transform and analyze data helps you get your data in shape for Machine Learning.
- Flexible Data Ingestion
- Load your data from Google Cloud Storage or Google Cloud Datastore backups, or stream it into BigQuery at thousands of rows per second to enable real-time analysis of your data. Use familiar data integration tools like Informatica, Talend and others out of the box.
- Data Governance
- BigQuery provides fine-grained access controls on data and role-based control on API through integration with Google Cloud IAM. With BigQuery and Cloud IAM, you can be sure your data is safe from unauthorized access.
- Programmatic interaction
- BigQuery provides a REST API for easy programmatic access and application integration. To enable programmers of all types, BigQuery offers client libraries in Java, Python, Node.js, C#, Go, Ruby, and PHP. Business users can use Google AppScript to access BigQuery from Google Sheets.
- Rich monitoring and logging with Stackdriver
- BigQuery provides rich monitoring, logging and alerting through Stackdriver Audit Logs. BigQuery resources can be monitored at a glance, and BigQuery can serve as a repository for logs from any application or service using Stackdriver Logging.
- Cost Controls
- BigQuery provides cost control mechanisms that enable you to cap your daily costs. Click here for more information on cost controls.
BigQuery Solutions and Use Cases
|Storage||$0.02 per GB, per month
$0.01 per GB, per month for long term storage
|Streaming Inserts||$0.01 per 200 MB|
|Loading, Copying, or Exporting Data
When querying data you can choose from two different pricing options:
|Pay-as-you-go||$5 per TB
First terabyte (1 TB) per month is free*
|Flat-rate pricing||Starting at $40,000/month for a dedicated reservation of 2,000 slots.
For more information, see Flat-rate pricing.