Our pay-per-use option makes it economical to get started. If you're running a lightly or sporadically used database, you'll save money by only paying for the time you access your data. The package option allows you to control your costs for more heavily loaded instances.
- Fully Managed
- Replicated, managed and backed-up, so you don't need a database administrator.
- REST API
- Google Cloud SQL provides a REST API for administering your instances programmatically.
- Cloud SQL can be used with App Engine and Compute Engine but can also be used with external applications and clients by authorizing IP addresses or by networks using CIDR notation.
- Cloud SQL customer's data is encrypted when on Google's internal networks and when stored in database tables, temporary files, and backups.
- Familiar Infrastructure
- Build and deploy for the cloud faster because Cloud SQL offers standard MySQL databases, the most popular open source database in the world. Instances available up to 16GB RAM, 500GB storage.
- Global Availability
- Instances available in US, EU, or Asia.