Start Quickly, Build Faster
With built-in services like a NoSQL datastore, user authentication API, memcache, and task queues you can web and mobile applications much faster.
- User Authentication
- Allows applications to sign in users with Google Accounts or OpenID, and address these users with unique identifiers.
- Popular Languages
- Build your application in Java, Python, PHP or Go programming languages
- NoSQL Datastore
- A schemaless object datastore, with scalable storage, a rich data modeling API, and an SQL-like query language.
- Google Cloud SQL
- A fully-managed web service that allows you to create, configure, and use relational databases that live in Google's cloud.
- A distributed, in-memory data cache that can be used to greatly improve application performance.
- Security Scanner
- Security Scanner automatically scans and detects common web application security vulnerabilities, like mixed content and XSS.
- Perform Google-like searches over structured data such as plain text, HTML, atom, numbers, dates, and geographic locations.
- Traffic splitting
- Route incoming requests to different app versions, run A/B tests and do incremental feature rollouts.
- Programmatic access to application and request logs from within your app.
- Task Queues
- Apps can perform work outside of user requests, using small, discrete tasks that are executed later.
“Our web games tend to be popular immediately, so we don't have the option of scaling them over time. Google App Engine makes the process painless, since it can instantly launch as many servers as we need.”- Stefan Hauk Lead server developer for web games, Rovio