This page describes the pricing information for Cloud KMS. Prices are effective January 11, 2017.
Google Cloud Key Management Service charges for usage based on the following price sheet. A bill is sent out at the end of each billing cycle, listing previous usage and charges. Prices on this page are listed in US dollars (USD).
If you pay in a currency other than USD, the prices listed in your currency on Cloud Platform SKUs apply.
Important: Cloud KMS requires billing information for all accounts before you can start using the service. To sign up for billing, go to your project's billing page in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Cloud KMS pricing is based on a flat rate for key versions, and a usage rate for key operations.
|Active key versions A key version is active if it is in any of these states:||$0.06 per month 1|
|Destroyed key versions||Free|
|Key operation: Encrypt or Decrypt||$0.03 per 10,000 operations 2|
|Key operation: Admin||Free|
1. Cloud KMS bills monthly for the number of active key versions which you have for the month. This is not rounded but based on actual consumption, e.g., if you had a key version that was active for only 2 days, you would be billed proportional to that usage, and not for the whole month.
2. Cloud KMS bills encrypt or decrypt operations per 10,000 operations. This is not rounded but based on actual consumption, e.g., if your project performed 25,000 encrypt or decrypt operations, you would be billed for 2.5 times 10,000 operations.
In this example, we show a simple scenario that might apply if you are just getting started with Cloud KMS. We use a monthly billing period to simplify the calculations.
Suppose you have the following key usage pattern in a given month:
- 100 keys (
CryptoKeys), each of which has 5 active versions, for a total of 500 key versions (
- 100,000 key use operations for encryption and decryption. (Key admin operations are free.)
Your bill for the month would be calculated as follows:
- 500 key versions at $0.06: $30.00
- 100,000 key use operations for encryption and decryption at $0.03 per 10,000 operations: $0.30
Total for Simple Pricing Example: $30.30
The Google Cloud Platform Console provides a transaction history for each of your projects. This history describes your current balance and estimated resource usage for that particular project.
To view a project's transaction history, go to the estimated billing invoice page.