This Consent Addendum ("Addendum") is an addendum to the GCP
Agreement and is made and entered into by and between Google and
the entity agreeing to these terms ("Customer"). This Addendum
is effective for a specific Project as of the date Customer
clicks to opt-in to enable the Cloud Talent Solution data
logging option for that specific Project (such opt-in
referencing this Addendum as the applicable "terms and
conditions"). If you are accepting on behalf of Customer, you
represent and warrant that: (i) you have full legal authority to
bind Customer to this Addendum; (ii) you have read and
understand this Addendum; and (iii) you agree, on behalf of
Customer, to this Addendum. If you do not have the legal
authority to bind Customer, please do not opt-in to enable the
Cloud Talent Solution data logging option for any Project. The
terms of this Addendum may change. Please continue to review the
terms carefully prior to enabling the Cloud Talent Solution data
Capitalized terms not defined in this Addendum will have the
meaning ascribed to them under the GCP Agreement.
- "BAA" means any "HIPAA Business Associate Amendment" or
"Business Associate Agreement" entered into between Google
- "Customer Training Data" means the Customer Data that
Customer provides for the Purpose through use of the GCP
Cloud Talent Solution Service with the data logging option
enabled (and text files derived from such data).
- "GCP Agreement" means the agreement between the parties
governing Customer's use of the Google Cloud Platform
Services (including a BAA amending the GCP Agreement).
- "Google" means the Google entity in the applicable GCP
- "HIPAA" means the Health Information Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996 and the rules and the
regulations thereunder, as amended.
- "Including" includes "without limitation".
- "Protected Health Information" or "PHI" has the
definition given to it under HIPAA.
- "Purpose" has the meaning set forth in Section 2.a.
- "Improvements" means the models, improvements of GCP
Services, and any associated intellectual property, that
result from Google's processing of the Customer Data under
- Data Use
- Overview. Customer provides the Customer Training Data
and instructs Google to process such data to develop,
improve and model the machine learning technology for the
Cloud Talent Solutions product relating to search and
recommendations for jobs (the "Purpose").
- Instructions to Process Customer Training Data. Customer
hereby instructs Google to process the Customer Training
Data for the Purpose.
- Consent. Customer hereby consents to Google sharing the
Customer Training Data with affiliates, third party
vendors and contractors of Google, who are bound by
- Effect of Disabling Data Logging. Once Customer opts-in
to enable the Cloud Talent Solution data logging option
for a specific Project, the related user interface will
then present a "Disable data logging" option (the "Disable
Option"). If Customer selects the Disable Option for a
Project, data is no longer logged from that specific
Project (note: any Customer Training Data logged
from a Project prior to the selection of the Disable
Option for that Project will continue to be processed by
Google, and logging of Customer Training Data will
continue for any other Projects where the data logging
option remains enabled).
- Survival. The rights granted by Customer in this
Addendum will survive the termination or expiration of the
- Ownership. Google owns all Improvements. For the
avoidance of doubt, Improvements do not contain any Customer
- Customer Data. Customer represents and warrants that it
has all necessary and appropriate rights, consents, and
permissions to instruct Google as set forth herein,
including, as may be applicable, written or opt-in grants
from the data originator(s) or owner(s) or the provision
of any related notice or information to such data
originator(s) or owner(s). Customer further represents and
warrants that: (i) none of the Customer Training Data is
or has been obtained from a website or online service
(including mobile apps) directed to children or from
children under the age of 13, as covered by the Children's
Online Privacy Protection Act, regardless of any parental
consent and (ii) Customer has not entered into a BAA with
Google covering any PHI obligations under HIPAA.
- Indemnification. The parties agree that Customer's
indemnification obligations related to Customer Data in
the GCP Agreement will apply to any Indemnified
Liabilities against Google arising from Customer Training
- No Agency. No agency, partnership or joint venture is
established between the parties. This Addendum is
controlled by the same governing law as set forth in the
- Additional Terms. The terms and conditions of the GCP
Agreement are incorporated into this Addendum. In the
event of a conflict between the terms of the GCP Agreement
and this Addendum, with respect to its subject matter,
this Addendum will control.