Looker lets you copy a LookML dashboard into a folder as a user-defined dashboard. You can then edit your user-defined dashboard through the user interface, instead of through LookML, if your access settings for the folder contains the dashboard.
You can bulk import LookML dashboards as user-defined dashboards.
Select All folders from the left navigation panel, and open the LookML dashboards folder.
Select the checkboxes for the dashboards to convert to user-defined dashboards.
In the Import Dashboards pop-up, choose a folder.
Individual import from folders
You can import a single LookML dashboard as a user-defined dashboard:
- From the LookML dashboards folder, select the Toggle Dropdown menu option to the right of the dashboard.
In the Import Dashboards pop-up, choose a folder for the dashboard. You must have the Manage Access, Edit access level for the folder.
Individual import from the dashboard
You can import a LookML dashboard into a folder as a user-defined dashboard from the dashboard itself:
- From the dashboard's gear menu, select Copy LookML dashboard.
- In the Title section of the pop-up, enter a new name for the dashboard. (Optional)
- Select the folder to save the dashboard to. You must have the Manage Access, Edit access level for the folder.
- If your LookML project is localized, an option displays to preserve the localization keys:
- Do not select the option to save the dashboard just as you see it. This is useful if you want the dashboard to be immediately presentable and you don't plan to save the dashboard back to LookML. If you are not a Looker developer, choose this option.
- Select the option to preserve the localization keys so the dashboard can be converted back to a localized LookML dashboard in the future. Localization keys will display in the dashboard. This option is for Looker developers who intend to edit the dashboard and copy it back to LookML.
- Select Copy to copy the dashboard into the selected folder.
- Use the links in the confirmation pop-up to navigate to the new user-defined dashboard or to the folder that contains it, or select Done to close the pop-up.