The data sharing policy is limited to data collected for the Google for Education Certification program and is related only to the certification. The data sharing policy is limited to data shared with third-parties for the purpose of certification.
The certification data that could be shared with third-parties will include:
- The name of the user certified
- The email of the user certified
- The name of the certification earned
- The date that the certification was earned (effective date)
- The date that the certification will expire
- The certification data that will not be shared with third-parties includes:
- Any description of the user’s engagement as a candidate for certification including exam dates, scores or grades
Sharing within Google:
- The certification program will share data related to certifications to people managers; limiting access to data for users who report to the manager directly or indirectly.
- The certification program will share data related to certifications to program managers; data for users who are external to Google will be shared with program managers when the users are members of the program audience, eg. data for Partner users will be shared with program managers who run partner programs and have a need to know certification data in connection with the program intent.
Definition of a Third-Party:
- Google will share certification data with a third-party if the user has helped to establish a relationship with him/herself and the third-party; typically this will be represented by an employee/employer relationship.
Conditions of release to a Third-Party:
- Google certification program will only release user data if the user has affirmatively acknowledged the program terms & conditions and has been notified that they have earned the certification.