This guide shows you how to deploy and configure the Google Cloud resources that SAP NetWeaver needs in order to run on Google Cloud, including the Compute Engine virtual machine (VM), the operating system, persistent storage, and more.Use this guide if you are running SAP NetWeaver on a Linux operating system. If you need to run SAP NetWeaver on Windows Server, see the SAP NetWeaver on Windows Deployment Guide.
After the Google Cloud resources are deployed and configured, you install SAP NetWeaver on Google Cloud by following the SAP documentation that is applicable to your version of SAP NetWeaver and your database server. For more information, see SAP NetWeaver in the SAP Help Portal.
You can use one of the following methods for deploying Google Cloud resources for SAP NetWeaver:
- Terraform: Automated VM deployment for SAP NetWeaver on Linux
- Deployment Manager: Automated VM deployment for SAP NetWeaver on Linux
- Manual VM deployment for SAP NetWeaver on Linux
- A Google account with the necessary administrative permissions to create, modify, and delete Compute Engine resources in a GCP project. For information about roles and permissions, see Compute Engine roles
- A GCP project
- A network and subnetwork defined in GCP