Artifact Registry pricing
This document explains Artifact Registry pricing details.
The same Artifact Registry pricing applies to all repositories that store artifacts and are generally available or in Preview.
- Network egress
- Vulnerability scanning, if it is enabled and supported by the repository
The following types of repositories store artifacts:
- Standard repositories
- Remote repositories
- Repositories that support the
Virtual repositories do not store artifacts, so your usage costs are for its upstream standard and remote repositories rather than the virtual repository itself.
Pricing applies to billing accounts, not individual Google Cloud projects. For example, if your billing account is attached to multiple projects running Artifact Registry, the limit for the storage free tier is for total usage across all the attached projects.
You can use the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator to estimate the cost of using Artifact Registry.
If you pay in a currency other than USD, the prices listed in your currency on Cloud Platform SKUs apply.
Storage costs apply to the at-rest storage of your artifacts in Artifact Registry repositories. The following pricing applies to repositories that are in Preview or that are generally available:
|Usage||Price (per GB / month)|
|Up to 0.5 GB||Free|
|Over 0.5 GB||$0.10|
The pricing is the same for both regional and multi-regional repositories.
Network egress pricing is per GB delivered from Artifact Registry repositories. When network traffic leaves a repository, the pricing depends on both the repository location and the destination of the traffic.
Network egress pricing applies to repositories that are in Preview or that are generally available:
- Internet egress pricing is based on Premium tier pricing. Internet egress is network traffic leaving a repository to a client that is not a Google product, such as using a local server that is downloading artifacts.
For egress to destinations within Google Cloud, the following pricing applies:
Traffic type Examples Price per GB Data moves within the same location
Free Data moves from a repository located in a region to a different Google Cloud service located in a multi-region, and both locations are on the same continent
Free Data moves from a repository located in a multi-region to a different Google Cloud service located in a region, and both locations are on the same continent
Free Data moves between locations in US and Canada and none of the free traffic types apply
$0.01 Data moves between locations in Europe and none of the free traffic types apply
$0.02 Data moves between locations in Asia and none of the free traffic types apply
$0.05 Data moves between different continents and neither is Oceania
$0.08 Oceania† to or from any region
† Oceania includes Australia, New Zealand, and surrounding Pacific Ocean islands such as Papua New Guinea and Fiji. This region excludes Hawaii.
For egress traffic from a VPC network through an interconnect:
Region Price per GB Asia $0.042 Europe $0.02 North America $0.02 South America $0.08 Australia $0.042
See Available regions for the list of supported regions.
Egress to Google products (such as YouTube, Maps, and Drive) is free.
Network ingress is free.
Automatic vulnerability scanning and On-Demand Scanning is billed for repository scanning features that are generally available or in Preview.
- If the Container Scanning API is enabled in either Artifact Registry or Container Registry, vulnerability scanning is turned on and billed for both products.
- If the On-Demand Scanning API is enabled, On-Demand Scanning is turned on and billed for both Artifact Registry and Container Registry.
For pricing details, see the Container Analysis documentation.
The following options can help you to manage your costs:
- Co-locate repositories in the same region as runtimes such as Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Run, and Compute Engine so that there are no cross-region egress costs.
- Host repositories closer to your consumers to reduce egress costs. For example, you can host repositories in a region in Australia for customers in Oceania.
- Delete artifacts that you no longer need.
- Read the Artifact Registry documentation.
- Get started with Artifact Registry.
- Try the Pricing calculator.
- Learn about Artifact Registry solutions and use cases.