- If you don't already have one, sign up for a Google account.
- Go to the Google Developers Console.
- Select your target project. If you want to create a new project, click on Create Project. ...see naming guidelines
- BigQuery is automatically enabled in new projects. To activate BigQuery in a pre-existing project, click APIS & AUTH in the left navigation, then click APIs. Navigate to BigQuery API. If the status indicator says OFF, click the indicator once to switch it to ON.
- Set up billing. BigQuery offers a free tier for queries, but other operations require billing to be set up before you can use the service. To set up billing, open the settings page for billing in the Google Developers Console.
Once you have successfully signed up for BigQuery, you can access the service in several ways:
- BigQuery Browser Tool
Use the BigQuery browser tool to easily browse or create tables, run queries, and export data to Google Cloud Storage.
- bq Command-line Tool
Download and use the Python command-line tool for managing and querying your data.
- REST API
Use the REST-based API to access BigQuery programmatically. There are several client libraries that you can use to call the API. You can perform all the querying and management tasks available in BigQuery using API methods, except managing projects. To manage projects, you must use the Google Developers Console.