- If you don't already have one, sign up for a Google account.
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Select your target project. If you want to create a new project, click on Create Project. ...see naming guidelines
- BigQuery is automatically enabled in new projects. To activate BigQuery in a pre-existing project, click API Manager in the left navigation. Navigate to BigQuery API. Click Enable API (if the API is already enabled, you will see Disable API).
- Set up billing. BigQuery offers a free tier for queries, but other operations require billing to be set up before you can use the service. To set up billing, open the settings page for billing in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Once you have successfully signed up for BigQuery, you can access the service in several ways:
- BigQuery Browser Tool
Use the BigQuery browser tool to easily browse or create tables, run queries, and export data to Google Cloud Storage.
- bq Command-line Tool
Download and use the Python command-line tool for managing and querying your data.
- REST API
Use the REST-based API to access BigQuery programmatically. There are several client libraries that you can use to call the API. You can perform all the querying and management tasks available in BigQuery using API methods, except managing projects. To manage projects, you must use the Google Cloud Platform Console.