Last modified: April 1, 2021
The Google Cloud Platform Technical Support Services Guidelines (the "Guidelines") describe how Google will offer TSS to Customer for Looker Services, except as outlined in this Looker Premium Support Services Guide (the "Guide"), which is incorporated into the Guidelines. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Guide have the meanings given to them in the Guidelines.
Google will offer Premium Support to Customer for Looker Services as detailed below:
1. Services Updates
- 1.1 New Releases.
- Google will notify Customer of new Looker Services releases if and when they are made available. Releases may include Looker Services version updates, feature releases, and patches.
- 1.2 End of Life Policy.
- Google provides active support to the most recent minor release (e.g. 6.4), the previous two minor releases (e.g. 6.2, 6.0) and the most recent Extended Support Release. Beyond these releases, Google considers versions End-of-Life (EOL) as designated by the Officially Supported Releases at looker.com/docs/supported-releases.
To ensure optimal performance of the Services, Looker performs periodic Maintenance. In most cases, Maintenance will have limited or no negative impact on the availability and functionality of the Services. If Looker expects planned Maintenance to negatively affect the availability or functionality of the Services, Looker will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of the Maintenance. In addition, Looker may perform emergency unscheduled Maintenance at any time. If Looker expects such emergency unscheduled Maintenance to negatively affect the availability or functionality of the Services, Looker will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of such Maintenance. Maintenance notices noted above will be provided via an email to the Notification Email Address.
3. Designated Contacts
For the Looker Services, "Designated Contacts" means individuals who have been designated as administrators or technical employees with access to the Admin Console or individuals who have been assigned to Admin or Developer roles within the Looker Services.
4. Language Support
The parties agree that all support provided by Google for the Looker Services will be in either English or Japanese languages.
A Technical Account Manager for the Looker Services may be purchased, subject to additional fees and terms. Please contact your account team for pricing details.
6. Enrollment and Unenrollment
If Customer is an existing Google Cloud Premium Support customer, instead of the 1-year Fee commitment, Customer's term for the Looker Premium Support Services will be pro-rated to co-terminate with Customer's Google Cloud Premium Support term.
7. Collaborative Support
Collaborative Support is not available for the Looker Services.
- 8.1 Google Support Personnel
- Google Support Personnel means the Google representatives responsible for handing Looker Services Requests.
- 8.2 Maintenance
- Maintenance means maintenance work that is performed on hardware or software delivering the Services.
9. Additional Terms
For the avoidance of doubt, Google has no obligation to provide TSS for any Looker Service that is an Alpha or Beta version, feature, or functionality of the Services.