This page explains persistent disk snapshot pricing changes that are effective as of October 1, 2022. If you are on an existing committed use discount contract, your prices remain the same for the lifetime of the commit contract. See Compute Engine pricing for all current prices.
Changes to standard snapshot pricing
Starting on October 1, 2022, the following pricing changes to standard persistent disk snapshots go into effect:
- Regional snapshot storage pricing will increase from
$0.026 GB per month to $0.05 GB per month (
- Multi-regional snapshot storage pricing will increase from $0.026 GB per month to $0.065 GB per month (United States multi-region baseline).
- Snapshots will have a minimum billing period of 1 hour.
Archive snapshot pricing
We currently have plans to launch a low-cost archive snapshot capability in the second half of 2022, subject to change at the discretion of Google Cloud. Archive snapshots include the same features of standard snapshots, including incremental chains, compression, and encryption.
Archive snapshots will be priced as follows:
- Regional archive snapshot storage pricing will be $0.019 per GB per month,
with data access charges of $0.019 per GB when creating disks from regional
archive snapshots (
- Multi-regional archive snapshot pricing will be $0.024 per GB per month, with data access charges of $0.024 per GB when creating disks from multi-regional archive snapshots (United States multi-region baseline).
- Archive snapshots will have a minimum billing period of 90 days.
Changes to network egress pricing
Networking prices are the same for standard and archive snapshots. Networking prices will be introduced for creation or restore of multi-regional snapshots, based on the price of inter-region networking fees within each multi-region. The networking prices will change for inter-region data transfer (snapshot creation from disk, or disk creation from snapshot) according to the following table:
|North America||Europe||Asia||Indonesia||Oceania||Latin American|