Google Cloud Certification Program Privacy Notice
1. General. All Exam Information is collected by Google or its authorized agents in: (1) the United States and (2) the jurisdiction where you take a certification assessment (an “Exam”). Exam Information may be shared with Google’s affiliates, subsidiaries and subcontractors in other jurisdictions for the purposes described in Section 4 (Use of Exam Information) below.
2. Transfers of Data Out of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the UK. Google may transfer Exam Information outside the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the UK if it complies with the provisions on the transfer of personal data to third countries in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), the UK GDPR or the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act.
3. Exam Information Google Collects. Exam Information may include but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name, company, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth
- Your answers to Exam questions and the results of your Exam
- A record of your interactions with the Exams or the Program
- Your Certification status
- Photographic and/or video recordings and digital keystroke patterns taken to confirm your identity, prevent fraud or misconduct, and to otherwise help administer and score Exams
- If you participate in online proctoring for your Exam, Google or its authorized agent may record and/or watch a live webcast of you taking your Exam (and can communicate with you, tell you to stop taking phone calls, etc.) to ensure the security and integrity of the Exam and your compliance with the Google Cloud Certification Exam Terms and Conditions (e.g. to verify that you are not engaging in Prohibited Behavior).
4. Use of Exam Information. The Exam Information is used for the following purposes:
- Enabling your participation in the Program
- Enabling your registration for Exam(s)
- Issuing and tracking your digital certificate(s) (“Certification(s)”)
- Ensuring the security and integrity of the Exams and Exam scoring process
- Marketing and other opt-in programs, with your express consent
- Your inclusion in the directory of Certified individuals, available at https://googlecloudcertified.credential.net/, with your express consent
5. Your Choices. Submitting your Exam Information to Google is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit your Exam Information to Google, you will not be permitted to participate in the Program.
6. Sharing of Exam Information. If you disclose an affiliation with an employer organization (e.g. by providing a work email address with an email domain that matches that of the organization), then your Certification status (i.e. “Certified” or “Not Certified”) may be shared with that organization. Google may also share your Exam Information with its affiliates, subsidiaries and subcontractors for the purposes described in Section 4 (Use of Exam Information) above.
- Resolve disputes related to the Program
- Perform analyses using aggregated non-personally identifiable data regarding Exam taker populations, pass rates, and other exam metrics
- Track and maintain Certifications
- Verify compliance with the Google Cloud Certification Exam Terms and Conditions (e.g. the restrictions on Prohibited Behavior) and investigate suspected misconduct and/or Exam misuse
- Track the number of Certified educators employed by schools
8. Contacting Us. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, contact Google.