There is no charge for using Google Cloud Datalab. However, you do pay for any Google Cloud Platform resources you use with Cloud Datalab, for example:
- Compute resources: You incur costs from the time of creation to the time
of deletion of the Cloud Datalab VM instance. The default Cloud Datalab
VM machine type is
n1-standard-1, but you can
choose a different machine type .
You are also charged for a 20GB Standard Persistent Disk, which is used as a Boot Disk,
and a 200GB Standard Persistent Disk, where user notebooks are stored (see
Storage resources). The 20GB boot disk is deleted when the VM
instance is deleted, but the 200GB disk remains after the deletion of the VM
until you delete it. The following command deletes the VM instance
and 20GB boot disk as well as the 200GB user notebook disk.
datalab delete --delete-disk instance-name
- Storage resources: Notebooks are saved to Persistent Disk and backed up to Google Cloud Storage (see Persistent disk pricing and Cloud Storage pricing).
- Data Analysis Services: You incur Google BigQuery costs when issuing SQL queries within Cloud Datalab notebooks (see BigQuery Pricing). Also, when you use Google Cloud Machine Learning, you may incur Cloud Machine Learning Engine and/or Google Cloud Dataflow charges.
- Other resources: You may incur costs for other API requests you make within the Cloud Datalab notebook environment. These costs will vary by API.
See the Google Cloud Platform Pricing Calculator for more information.
- Read the Datalab documentation.
- Try the Pricing calculator.
- Learn about Datalab solutions and use cases.
Request a custom quote
With Google Cloud's pay-as-you-go pricing, you only pay for the services you use. Connect with our sales team to get a custom quote for your organization.Contact sales