Before you begin
If you haven't already done so, Install Google Cloud SDK, which
gcloud command-line tool used in this quickstart.
Steps to set up and open Cloud Datalab
From a terminal window on your local machine:
- Install the gcloud datalab component.
gcloud components install datalab
- Create a Cloud Datalab instance. The name of the instance must start
with a lowercase letter, followed by up to 63 lowercase letters, numbers, or
hyphens, and cannot end with a hyphen.
datalab create datalab-instance-name
- Open the Cloud Datalab home page in your browser.
To avoid incurring charges to your Google Cloud Platform account for the resources used in this quickstart:
- Delete your Cloud Datalab instance when you are finished exploring Cloud
datalab delete instance-name
- Browse the
/datalab/docs/introCloud Datalab notebook folder to become familiar with the capabilities of Cloud Datalab. You will find tutorials and samples for using Google Cloud Platform services and for performing common data analysis tasks.
- You can view the
datalabserver VM logs with the Cloud Platform Console logs viewer.
- Read Cloud Datalab How-to Guides.
- Learn more about the options available in the
datalabcommand line tool by running
- Learn about Using Datalab in a team environment.