Create Agent with Installer for RHEL
- Run the commands with sudo privileges.
Make sure usr/local/bin is the first path in PATH variable.
Edit .bashrc using the command below:
Add the below to bottom of file and write and save the file:
Read in the .bashrc changes with the command below:
- Run echo $PATH to make sure the change is done.
Agent Installation Prerequisites
Please input the following into your server. It is recommended to run the commands one by one to make sure each action is run successfully.
dnf update -y dnf groupinstall -y 'Development Tools' dnf install bzip2-devel -y dnf install sqlite -y dnf install libffi-devel -y dnf install gcc -y dnf install gcc-c++ -y dnf install python2-devel -y dnf install python3-devel -y dnf install zlib-devel -y dnf install openssl-devel -y
dnf install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-8.noarch.rpm dnf install epel-release -y
subscription-manager repos --enable codeready-builder-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms
dnf update -y dnf install supervisor -y dnf install at -y dnf install sharutils -y
systemctl start atd systemctl enable atd
PYTHON 2.7.18 INSTALLATION
cd /usr/src/ yum install wget -y wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.18/Python-2.7.18.tgz tar -xzf Python-2.7.18.tgz cd Python-2.7.18 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-unicode=ucs4 make make altinstall
PYTHON 3.7.4 INSTALLATION
cd /usr/src wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.7.4/Python-3.7.4.tgz tar xzf Python-3.7.4.tgz cd Python-3.7.4 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-unicode=ucs4 make make altinstall
Create symlinks to the specific Python files
ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.7 /usr/local/bin/python2 ln -s /usr/local/bin/python3.7 /usr/local/bin/python3
wget -O get-pip.py https://bootstrap.pypa.io/pip/2.7/get-pip.py /usr/local/bin/python2 get-pip.py /usr/local/bin/python3 get-pip.py /usr/local/bin/pip2 install --upgrade pip /usr/local/bin/pip3 install --upgrade pip
Using Microsoft SQL integration (Optional)
For those using Microsoft SQL Integration, perform the following steps:
MsOdbc Sql Driver utils
dnf -y remove unixODBC unixODBC-devel curl https://packages.microsoft.com/config/rhel/8/prod.repo > /etc/yum.repos.d/mssql-release.repo dnf install -y msodbcsql17 mssql-tools unixODBC-devel ln -sfn /opt/mssql-tools/bin/bcp /usr/bin/bcp ln -sfn /opt/mssql-tools/bin/sqlcmd /usr/bin/sqlcmd
To install a Remote Agent:
- Make sure you have installed all the prerequisites as detailed above.
- In the platform, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Remote Agents.
- Click the plus icon on the top right of the screen to open the Installation process.
- Click on the Manual installation link.
- In the first step, add the name of the Agent and choose the environment it will be associated with. Click Next.
- In the second step, you can either choose to download the Agent package onto your machine, or you can add in an email address. Alternatively you can click on Add environment contact which will automatically add in the email of the Contact Person for that environment. Click Next. The package is either downloaded onto your computer or a link is sent by email depending on what you have chosen. (Make sure you have configured the Email Integration to the correct environment)
Clicking on the link downloads the following zipped files to the required
- env: Siemplify environment variables
- SiemplifyAgent_Centos.sh: Installer script file
- Copy over the Installer command that is on the screen and save it for later.
- Using WinSCP or a similar tool, copy these files over to the machine you want to install the agent on.
- Log in to the machine that you want to install the agent on using SSH.
- Enter your username and password.
Set the execution permissions on the file with the following command:
sudo chmod +x SiemplifyAgent_Centos.sh
- Install the agent using the saved command from the Agent Installation screen
- When the script finishes, it will be clearly marked as finished.
- Return to the Wizard in the platform and click “Next”. You will receive a confirmation message that your Agent is connected.