August 24, 2018
The URL for the AutoML Vision UI has changed to https://cloud.google.com/automl/ui/vision. The previous URL https://beta-dot-custom-vision.appspot.com/vision/ will remain active.
July 24, 2018
AutoML Vision Beta Release
Models created prior to July 19 must be recreated/retrained as soon as possible to avoid service interruptions. Models created prior to July 19 will only accept prediction requests until October 19.
The format of resource IDs (dataset IDs, model IDs, and operation IDs) is
changing. If you are using hardcoded
resource IDs, you need to obtain new IDs for those resources (using the
list method) by August 31, 2018.
During the beta period, you can no longer use the Cloud ML Engine API to query your models.
Enabling the AutoML API for your project automatically also enables the Cloud Vision API, Cloud Translation API, and Cloud Natural Language API. Disabling any of these three APIs will also disable the AutoML API.
July 24, 2018
AutoML Vision Beta has been released.
May 3, 2018
AutoML Vision Alpha has been released.
Some notes about the alpha release:
- You can access the AutoML Vision Alpha UI at http://beta-dot-custom-vision.appspot.com.
- You can now perform all of your AutoML Vision tasks using the AutoML API. Create datasets, train models, make predictions, and much more. For details, see Using the AutoML API.
- Making a prediction for an image is no longer supported by the
images:annotatemethod of the Cloud Vision API. Instead, use the
predictmethod of the AutoML API.
- The AutoML Vision Alpha UI does not currently include the ability to list the models that have been trained for a dataset.
- You can currently only supply base64-encoded image content to the
predictmethod. For an example, see Make a prediction.
For more information, see the product documentation.
February 1, 2018
Advanced models are now self-service.
Pricing is now in effect for advanced models.
vision.googleapis.com service must be enabled from the
Google Cloud Platform Console. New projects automatically enable the API when you
use the Do it for me button during setup.