A Cloud Billing Account is used to define who pays for a given set of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) resources, and it can be linked to one or more GCP projects. Project usage is charged to the linked billing account.
Billing on Google Cloud Platform can be configured in a variety of ways to meet different needs.
- The onboarding checklist contains best practice guidance for configuring your GCP resources and Cloud Billing.
- The how-to guides contain information on setting up and managing your billing account, monitoring and analyzing your costs, paying your invoices, and more.
Several Cloud Billing APIs are also available.
- The Cloud Billing Account API provides methods that you can use to programmatically manage billing for your projects in the Google Cloud Platform.
- The Cloud Billing Catalog API provides programmatic access to the entire public Google Cloud Platform catalog consisting of billable SKUs, public pricing, and relevant metadata.
- The Cloud Billing Budget provides methods to view, create, and manage Cloud Billing budgets programmatically at scale.