- Highly available and scalable
- Use Google's infrastructure for production quality, high volume DNS serving. Your users will have reliable, low-latency access to Google's infrastructure from anywhere in the world using our network of Anycast name servers.
- Easy to manage
Use our scriptable
gcloudcommand-line interface to manage your records. Alternatively, use the Developers Console, or the full-featured REST API to create your own customized DNS interface.
Ready to try out Cloud DNS? Configure your project, enable the API, and start managing records.Get started
Changes since Beta
- The current API version is v1. Support for v1beta1 will be maintained until Sep. 25 2015, then removed.
- During Beta, the API allowed duplicate resource records to be created, though they were not used. With v1, attempts to create duplicate records will result in an alreadyExists error and the duplicate record will not be created. Duplicate records created during Beta will continue to exist, but will not be used. You may delete duplicate records at any time.
- In v1beta1 API, the status field of the Change object was a string type. In the v1 API, it is an enumeration type.