- Stackdriver Debugger connects your application’s production data to your source code by inspecting the state of your application at any code location in production without stopping or slowing down your requests.
- Error reporting
- Stackdriver Error Reporting analyzes and aggregates the errors in your cloud applications. Notifies you when new errors are detected.
- Rapid discovery
- Discovers cloud resources and application services automatically based on deep integration with Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services. Discovers and maintains relationships between key application components and identifies functional groups and clusters.
- Uptime monitoring
- Stackdriver Monitoring provides endpoint checks to web applications and other internet-accessible services running on your cloud environment. You can configure uptime checks associated with URLs, groups, or resources, such as instances and load balancers.
- Our growing Google Stackdriver partner ecosystem and tools to make working with Stackdriver even easier.
- Smart defaults
- Thanks to Stackdriver’s smart defaults, you can get up-and-running with core visibility into your cloud platform in less than two minutes. As you deploy our open source agents, additional metrics and logs are automatically incorporated into the service.
- Allows you to create alerting policies to notify you when metrics, health check results, and uptime check results meet specified criteria. Integrated with a wide variety of notification channels, including Slack, Campfire, HipChat, and PagerDuty.
- Stackdriver Trace provides latency sampling and reporting for Google App Engine, including per-URL statistics and latency distributions.
- Stackdriver Logging provides you with the ability to filter, search, and view logs from your cloud and open source application services. Allows you to define metrics based on log contents that are incorporated into dashboards and alerts. Enables you to export logs to BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, and Pub/Sub.
- Provides you with default dashboards for cloud and open source application services. Allows you define custom dashboards with powerful visualization tools to suit your needs.
“ Stackdriver is a quick and easy utility to monitor your app’s performance. Within minutes we had dashboards for compute instances and VPN statistics. An easy to use policy based alert management system helps us notify on call engineers of issues quickly. ”— Ryan Shatford Front-end & Edge Site Reliability Engineer, Uber Technologies Inc.
|Basic tier||Premium tier|
|Pricing||Free||$8 / resource / mo - 1 Month Free Trial|
|Monitoring||GCP Metrics||GCP, AWS, Agent metrics; User-defined metrics|
|Log data||50GB / project / month, 7 day retention||50GB / project / month + 14.25MB / resource / hour, 30 day retention|
|API access||Read||Read, Write|
|Alerting||Basic Email||Advanced All notifications|
|User-defined metrics (custom & log based metrics)||Zero allocated||500 time series per resource, 250 metrics descriptors per project|
In addition, customers who would like to use logs or user-defined metrics beyond the allocated amount in the two tiers can pay for overage.
|Usage||Overage charges (beyond the included amount)|
|User-defined metric (custom metrics or logs metrics)||$0.10/timeseries, $1/metric descriptor|
As of our GA launch, all new and existing Stackdriver accounts will start a 30-day free trial of the Premium Tier during which you can upgrade to the Premium Tier. If you chose not to upgrade during the trial your account will be placed in the Basic Tier when the trial ends.
For more details on pricing, tiers, and chargeable resources please look at Stackdriver pricing guide. You can also see you current resource and logs usage in the Stackdriver console usage page for each of your Stackdriver accounts and estimate your projected Stackdriver charges by using the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator.