If your Google Cloud Platform services were shut down because we couldn't process your payment, after your account is settled you might need to manually restart some services.
If your billing account was closed, all associated billable services in all projects that use that billing account were stopped. If your project was shut down, only the resources within that project were stopped.
In either case, you have to manually restart any services you want to restore. For Google Cloud Platform, this includes Compute Engine virtual machine (VM) instances, ephemeral IP addresses, and solid-state persistent disks (SSD). Almost all instances can be stopped and restarted, except for virtual machine instances with local SSDs, which cannot be restarted.
To restore your Cloud services, you must restart your instances on Google Cloud Platform as follows:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Open the console left side menu ( ) and select Compute Engine.
- On the left, select VM Instances.
- If prompted, select a project.
- Select the checkboxes next to the instances that you want to start
- At the top right-hand of the page, click the Start button to restart the instances.