This article describes how to make a manual credit card payment to your automatically billed account.
You can make a manual payment to your automatically billed account at any time. The payment is used for accrued costs, and, if your payment is larger than the amount you currently owe, it will reduce your next automatic charge.
You might make a manual payment for these reasons:
- You want more control over how and when you're charged. With a manual payment, you can pay the entire account balance, just a fraction of it, or more than your balance to cover future costs. If making a payment to cover future costs, to prevent an automatic payment, you must make a manual payment large enough to cover your anticipated usage.
- You want to divide your payment among several payment methods. This can help delay when your primary form of payment is charged. Keep in mind: in rare cases, if you make a manual payment close to when an automatic payment is due, you might be charged twice.
- Your credit card was declined and you want your services to continue running. If your form of payment is ever declined, you can make a manual payment to continue running your services run while the declined payment issue is resolved. If you make a payment by bank transfer or direct debit, your account will start running again when we've received the payment.
To make a manual payment:
- Sign in to the Google Cloud Platform Console
- Open the console left side menu and select Billing.
- If you have more than one billing account, select Go to linked billing account to manage the current project's billing. To locate a different billing account, select Manage billing accounts.
- Click Payment overview and then click Make a payment.
- Select the payment method you want to use to make the payment, or add a new payment method.
- Enter the amount of the payment you want to make.
- Click Make a payment.