Dialogflow CX provides a new way of designing agents, taking a state machine approach to agent design. This gives you clear and explicit control over a conversation, a better end-user experience, and a better development workflow.
Summary of notable improvements
- Console visualization: A new visual builder makes building and maintaining agents easier. Conversation paths are graphed as a state machine model, which makes conversations easier to design, enhance, and maintain.
- Intuitive and powerful conversation control: Conversation states and state transitions are first-class types that provide explicit and powerful control over conversation paths. You can clearly define a series of steps that you want the end-user to go through.
- Flows for agent partitions: Flows are provided as first-class types to replace mega agents. With flows, you can partition your agent into smaller conversation topics. Different team members can own different flows, which makes large and complex agents easy to build.
For a detailed comparison of CX and ES agents, see agent types.
Dialogflow CX is in beta, so some features are not implemented yet. The following features found in Dialogflow ES are not implemented for Dialogflow CX yet:
- Any language other than English (en)
- Knowledge connectors
- System entity extension
- Training data import
In order to use the Dialogflow CX documentation effectively, there are several fundamental concepts that you must understand. The following guides explain these concepts:
- Dialogflow CX basics: This guide explains the most important fundamental concepts of Dialogflow CX. You should read this guide before trying to use Dialogflow CX.
- Introduction videos: These optional videos introduce you to fundamental concepts.
- Editions: Dialogflow is offered in various editions. Some features are limited based on your chosen edition. This guide describes your options.
Once you have read the overview documents, you are ready to read documents in other sections. In most cases, you should start with the quickstart guides.