Types of alarms
The Velostrata plug-in adds two alarm definitions to vSphere:
- Velostrata Alarm for 'VirtualMachine'
- Velostrata Alarm for 'Velostrata Cloud Extension'
Velostrata triggers an alarm in vCenter whenever a Cloud Extension for a particular data center is in an Impaired state. The alarm is cleared when the Cloud Extension returns to an Active state.
If a node on a Cloud Extension stops or becomes unavailable, which degrades write performance, Velostrata raises an alarm for any VM using that Cloud Extension.
To display alarms:
- Open the vSphere console.
- Choose your datacenter, then select the Monitor tab.
- Click the Tasks & Events button.
- If it is shown, click Events to the left of the event list.
- To filter the list, type Velostrata into the Filter box in the upper right-hand corner. Alarms appear in the Type column of the Events screen.