Use load balancing to distribute user requests among sets of instances.
For more about scaling your application with load balancing, see Load Balancing and Scaling.
Before you begin
- Read the VM instances documentation.
- If you want to use the command-line examples in this guide:
- If you want to use the API examples in this guide, set up API access.
Types of load balancing
- HTTP(S) load balancing distributes HTTP(S) traffic among groups of instances based on proximity to the user, request URL, or both.
- SSL Proxy load balancing distributes SSL traffic among groups of instances based on proximity to the user.
- Internal load balancing distributes traffic from Google Cloud Platform virtual machine instances to a group of instances in the same region.
- Network load balancing distributes traffic among a pool of instances within a region. Network load balancing can balance any kind of TCP/UDP traffic.
Load balancing pricing
|Hourly service charge||$0.025 (5 rules included)
$0.010 per additional rule
|Per GB of data processed||$0.008|