Use load balancing to distribute user requests among sets of instances.
For more about scaling your application with load balancing, see Load Balancing and Scaling.
Prerequisites for this guide
- Complete a Getting Started tutorial.
- Install the gcloud command-line tool if you want to use the command-line examples in this guide.
- Set up API access if you want to use the API examples in this guide.
- Install the
$ gcloud components update beta
Types of load balancing
- HTTP(S) load balancing distributes HTTP(S) traffic among groups of instances based on proximity to the user, request URL, or both.
- Network load balancing distributes traffic among a pool of instances within a region. Network load balancing can balance any kind of TCP/UDP traffic.
Load balancing pricing
|Hourly service charge||$0.025 (5 rules included)
$0.010 per additional rule
|Per GB of data processed||$0.008|