Industry Leading Price and Performance
Gone are the days of retrieving data from tape backup. Your data stored in Nearline and Coldline is available to you in sub-second average response times, rather than in hours or days. With 1 cent per GB/month pricing for Nearline and 0.7 cents per GB/month pricing for Coldline, Google Cloud Storage delivers price and performance that lead the industry across all your data archival requirements. And with a 99% availability SLA, you’ll know your data will be there when you need it with unmatched cloud storage for your enterprise.
Simple and Unified Across Your Data Lifecycle
With a focus on simplicity, Google Cloud Storage offers a unified product across the entire range of storage classes, featuring consistent access APIs. New Object lifecycle management feature allows your data to transition seamlessly from one storage class to the next, depending on your business’s cost and availability needs at the time. Data movement is seamless and automatic based on criteria you control — all without having to perform any data migration.
Leading cloud storage providers such as Veritas, NetApp, Cloudberry Lab and Cohesity have integrated with Google Cloud Storage to serve their users with best-in-class cloud storage. GCP has established a large ecosystem of partners to help your enterprise make the transition to modern cloud storage on Google’s world-class infrastructure.
Switch & Save
Get a headstart and dramatically reduce the cost of migration to any Google Cloud Storage tier by using our Switch and Save program. If you meet certain conditions, you may be eligible to receive up to 100PB of free storage for up to 4 months. Contact us to find out more.
- Transfer Service
- Schedule data import from Amazon S3, HTTP/HTTPS and on premises locations. Simplify lifecycle management through automated archival and deletion.
- Fast Performance
- Sub-second latency for complex queries and data retrieval. Commitment to a 99% availability SLA.
- Familiar APIs
- Use the same APIs across Google Cloud Platform Storage services, including versioning, range scans, and offset reads.
- Partner Integrations
- Integrations with leading backup and storage providers: Actifio, PixitMedia, Unitrends, Veritas/Symantec, NetApp, Iron Mountain, Geminare and others.
- Low cost
- Capacity pricing is 1 cent per GB / month for data at rest for Nearline and 0.7 cents per GB / month for data at rest for Coldline. Calculate your savings with Archival Cloud Storage.
- Archival Cloud Storage is designed to provide 99.999999999% durability of objects over a given year.
- High read throughput and predictable performance enables IT to set recovery point and time objectives.
- Data is protected through redundant storage.
“That's a pretty staggering point of differentiation. Google is offering essentially real-time access to archived files compared to Glacier that strings it out for hours.”— Forbes
1 Conditions Apply: Only for new Google Cloud Platform customers who migrate 1PB
within the first 3 months and applies only to at-rest storage charges for 100PB in Google
Cloud Storage Nearline or Coldline for the first 1 month, and potentially additional
months if customers commit to migrate more than 1PB. Customers must also maintain at least
1PB per month in Cloud Storage Nearline or Coldline for 12 months after the initial
Special Cases: Tell us if your product is not accessed directly from the console, e.g., Cloud Datalab.