- gcloud compute diagnose export-logs - triggers instance to gather logs and upload them to a Cloud Storage Bucket
- Gathers logs from a running Compute Engine VM and exports them to a Google Cloud Storage Bucket. Outputs a path to the logs within the Bucket.
- POSITIONAL ARGUMENTS
- Name of the instance to operate on. For details on valid instance names, refer to the criteria documented under the field 'name' at: https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/reference/rest/v1/instances
- Collect a 10 minute trace of the running system. On Windows, this utilizes Windows Performance Recorder. It records CPU, disk, file, and network activity during that time.
Zone of the instance to operate on. If not specified, the user may be prompted
to select a zone.
gcloudwill attempt to identify the zone by searching for resources in the user's project. If the zone cannot be determined, the user will then be prompted with all Google Cloud Platform zones.
To avoid prompting when this flag is omitted, the user can set the
gcloud config set compute/zone ZONE
A list of zones can be fetched by running:
To unset the property, run:
gcloud config unset compute/zone
Alternatively, the zone can be stored in the environment variable
- GCLOUD WIDE FLAGS
These flags are available to all commands: --account, --billing-project, --configuration, --flags-file, --flatten, --format, --help, --impersonate-service-account,
--log-http, --project, --quiet, --trace-token, --user-output-enabled,
$ gcloud helpfor details.
To export logs and upload them to a Cloud Storage Bucket, run:
gcloud compute diagnose export-logs example-instance --zone=us-central1
- These variants are also available:
Except as otherwise noted, the content of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and code samples are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. For details, see the Google Developers Site Policies. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Last updated 2020-08-04 UTC.