This page explains how to create a Cloud Data Fusion instance.
Before you begin
- Enable the Cloud Data Fusion API.
- The following permission is required to create Cloud Data Fusion
instances.create. For more information, see Access control.
- Cloud Data Fusion instances run as the Compute Engine default service account. For information about the types and roles available, see Service accounts.
- By default, Cloud Data Fusion executes pipelines using a Dataproc cluster in your project. Ensure that your project meets the Dataproc networking requirements.
- New projects start with a default network. The default network is pre-populated with a firewall rule, default-allow-ssh, that allows incoming connections on TCP port 22 from any source to any instance in the network. In versions below 6.2.0, if this rule to allow ingress on TCP port 22 rule doesn't exist in the network used by your Cloud Data Fusion instance, you must create this rule.
Creating an instance
If the API is enabled, the Cloud Data Fusion section in the Cloud Console shows an Instances page where you can create and manage your Cloud Data Fusion instances.
- Click Create an instance.
- Enter an Instance name.
- Enter a Description for your instance.
- Specify the Region in which to create the instance.
- Specify the Cloud Data Fusion Version you prefer.
- Select the Edition you prefer. The default is Basic.
- (Optional) Click Add accelerators to select accelerators to use in your instance.
- In Cloud Data Fusion version 6.2.3 and higher, specify the Dataproc service account to use for running your Cloud Data Fusion pipeline in Dataproc. The UI pre-selects the default Compute Engine account. Regardless of version, make sure that a service account has appropriate Identity and Access Management roles for your needs. For more information, see Granting service account user permission.
(Optional) Specify any advanced options. If you do not specify anything, the following defaults are used:
Category Setting Description Default Private IP Enable private IP addresses Instead, see Creating a private instance. Disabled Logging and monitoring Enable Cloud Logging Option to enable Cloud Logging to view pipeline logs.
Disabled Logging and monitoring Enable Cloud Monitoring Option to enable Monitoring. Disabled Encryption Use a customer-managed encryption key (CMEK) Option to use role-based access control in versions 6.5 and later. Disabled Labels <Key> <Value> pair(s) The resource labels for the instance to use to annotate any related underlying resources, such as Compute Engine VMs. Label keys and label values can only contain letters, numbers, dashes, and underscores. Label keys must start with a letter or number. None
Click Create. It takes up to 30 minutes for the instance creation process to complete.
While Cloud Data Fusion creates your instance, a progress wheel displays next to the instance name on the Instances page. After completion, it turns into a green check mark and indicates that you can start using the instance.
Create an instance: