Powerful image analysis
Cloud Vision offers both pretrained models via an API and the ability to build custom models using AutoML Vision to provide flexibility depending on your use case.
Cloud Vision API enables developers to understand the content of an image by encapsulating powerful machine learning models in an easy-to-use REST API. It quickly classifies images into thousands of categories (such as, “sailboat”), detects individual objects and faces within images, and reads printed words contained within images. You can build metadata on your image catalog, moderate offensive content, or enable new marketing scenarios through image sentiment analysis.
AutoML Vision Beta makes it possible for developers with limited machine learning expertise to train high-quality custom models. After uploading and labeling images, AutoML Vision will train a model that can scale as needed to adapt to demands. AutoML Vision offers higher model accuracy and faster time to create a production-ready model.
Use Vision API and AutoML Vision to make images searchable across broad topics and scenes, including custom categories. Learn more about this solution.
Access information efficiently by using the Vision and Natural Language APIs to transcribe and classify documents.
Find products of interest within images and visually search product catalogs using Cloud Vision API.
- Label detection
- Detect broad sets of categories within an image, ranging from modes of transportation to animals.
- Web detection
- Search the internet for similar images.
- Optical character recognition
- Detect and extract text within an image, with support for a broad range of languages, along with support for automatic language identification. You can upload PDF and TIFF files as well as images such as PNG and GIF files. See the full list of supported files here.
- Handwriting recognitionbeta
- Using the Vision API, you can recognize human handwriting in addition to machine-printed text.
- Logo detection
- Detect popular product logos within an image.
- Object localizerbeta
- In addition to identifying an object in an image, the Vision API can now also identify where in the image that object is and how many of that type of object are in the image.
- Integrated REST API
- Access the Cloud Vision API via REST API to request one or more annotation types per image. Images can be uploaded in the request or integrated with Google Cloud Storage.
- Landmark detection
- Detect popular natural and man-made structures within an image.
- Face detection
- Detect multiple faces within an image, along with the associated key facial attributes like emotional state or wearing headwear. Facial recognition is not supported.
- Content moderation
- Detect explicit content like adult content or violent content within an image.
- ML Kit integration
- Integrate with ML Kit, a mobile SDK that makes it easy to apply Google's machine learning technology to Android and iOS apps in a powerful yet easy-to-use package.
- Product searchbeta
- Recognize products from your catalog within web and mobile photos, and implement visual search experiences that enable your apps to recognize products in your images.
- Image attributes
- Detect general attributes of the image, such as dominant colors and appropriate crop hints.
- Custom models
- Train custom image classification machine learning models with minimum effort and machine learning expertise.
- State-of-the-art performance
- The prediction accuracy of AutoML models is industry leading against benchmarks, including ImageNet.
- Integration with human labeling
- For customers with images but no labels yet, we provide a team of real-life people to review your custom instructions and classify your images accordingly. You will get training data with the same quality and throughput Google gets for its own products, while your data remains private. You can use the human-labeled data seamlessly to train a custom model.
- Powered by Google’s AutoML and Transfer Learning
- Leverages Google state-of-the-art AutoML and Transfer Learning technology to produce high-quality models.
- Fully integrated
- At its core, Cloud AutoML is fully integrated with other Google Cloud services, providing customers with a consistent method of access across the entire Google Cloud service line. Store your training data in Google Cloud Storage. To generate a prediction on your trained model, simply query the AutoML REST API.
Products or features listed on this page are in beta. For more information on our product launch stages, see here.