Last modified: September 13, 2017 | Previous Versions
The complete list of services that form Google Cloud Platform is shown below. While Google offers many other services and APIs, only the services below are covered by the Google Cloud Platform terms of service, service level agreements (if applicable), and support offerings.
Google App Engine: Google App Engine enables you to build and host web apps on the same systems that power Google applications. App Engine offers fast development and deployment; simple administration, with no need to worry about hardware, patches or backups; and effortless scalability. App Engine also provides the ability to create Managed VMs.
Google BigQuery Service: Google BigQuery Service is a fully managed data analysis service that enables businesses to analyze Big Data. It features highly scalable data storage that accommodates up to hundreds of terabytes, the ability to perform ad hoc queries on multi-terabyte datasets, and the ability to share data insights via the web.
Google Cloud Bigtable: Google Cloud Bigtable is a fast, fully managed, highly-scalable NoSQL database service. It is designed for the collection and retention of data from 1TB to hundreds of PB.
Google Cloud CDN: Google Cloud CDN uses Google’s globally distributed edge points of presence to cache HTTP(S) load balanced content close to your users.
Google Cloud Dataflow: Google Cloud Dataflow is a fully managed service for strongly consistent, parallel data-processing pipelines. It provides an SDK for Java with composable primitives for building data-processing pipelines for batch or continuous processing. This service manages the life cycle of Google Compute Engine resources of the processing pipeline(s). It also provides a monitoring user interface for understanding pipeline health.
Google Cloud Datalab: Google Cloud Datalab is an interactive tool for exploration, transformation, analysis and visualization of your data on Google Cloud Platform. It runs in your cloud project and enables you to write code to use other Big Data and storage services using a rich set of Google-authored and third party libraries.
Google Cloud Dataproc: Google Cloud Dataproc is a fast, easy to use, managed Spark and Hadoop service for distributed data processing. It provides management, integration, and development tools for unlocking the power of rich open source data processing tools. With Cloud Dataproc, you can create Spark/Hadoop clusters sized for your workloads precisely when you need them.
Google Cloud Datastore: Google Cloud Datastore is a fully managed, schemaless, non-relational datastore. It provides a rich set of query capabilities, supports atomic transactions, and automatically scales up and down in response to load. It can scale to support an application with 1,000 users or 10 million users with no code changes.
Google Cloud Endpoints: Google Cloud Endpoints is a tool that helps you to develop, deploy, secure and monitor your APIs running on Google Cloud Platform.
Google Cloud Functions: Google Cloud Functions is a lightweight, event-based, asynchronous compute solution that allows you to create small, single-purpose functions that respond to cloud events without the need to manage a server or a runtime environment.
Google Cloud Key Management Service: Cloud KMS is a cloud-hosted key management service that lets you manage encryption for your cloud services the same way you do on-premise. You can generate, use, rotate, and destroy AES256 encryption keys.
Cloud Machine Learning Engine: Cloud Machine Learning Engine is a managed service that enables you to easily build machine learning models with the powerful TensorFlow framework. It provides scalable training and prediction services that work on large scale datasets.
Google Cloud Pub/Sub: Google Cloud Pub/Sub is designed to provide reliable, many-to-many, asynchronous messaging between applications. Publisher applications can send messages to a “topic” and other applications can subscribe to that topic to receive the messages. By decoupling senders and receivers, Google Cloud Pub/Sub allows developers to communicate between independently written applications.
Cloud Spanner: Cloud Spanner is a fully managed, mission-critical relational database service. It is designed to provide a scalable online transaction processing (OLTP) database with high availability and strong consistency at global scale.
Google Cloud SQL: Google Cloud SQL is a web service that allows you to create, configure, and use relational databases that live in Google's cloud. It is a fully-managed service that maintains, manages, and administers your databases, allowing you to focus on your applications and services.
Google Cloud Storage: Google Cloud Storage is a RESTful service for storing and accessing your data on Google's infrastructure. The service combines the performance and scalability of Google's cloud with advanced security and sharing capabilities.
Google Cloud Storage for Firebase: Cloud Storage for Firebase adds customizable Google security (via Firebase Security Rules for Cloud Storage) to file uploads and downloads for your Firebase apps, as well as robust uploads and downloads regardless of network quality through the Firebase SDK. Cloud Storage for Firebase is backed by Google Cloud Storage, a service for storing and accessing your data on Google's infrastructure.
Google Cloud Test Lab: Google Cloud Test Lab enables you to test mobile applications using physical and virtual devices in the cloud. It runs instrumentation tests and script-less robotic tests on a matrix of device configurations, and reports detailed results to help improve the quality of your mobile app.
Google Compute Engine: Google Compute Engine offers scalable and flexible virtual machine computing capabilities in the cloud. You can use Google Compute Engine to solve large-scale processing and analytic problems on Google’s computing, storage, and networking infrastructure.
Google Container Engine: Google Container Engine, powered by the open source container scheduler Kubernetes, enables you to run containers on Google Cloud Platform. Container Engine takes care of provisioning and maintaining the underlying virtual machine cluster, scaling your application, and operational logistics such as logging, monitoring, and cluster health management.
Google Container Registry: Google Container Registry is a private Docker image storage system on Google Cloud Platform. The registry can be accessed through an HTTPS endpoint, own hardware.
Google Data Loss Prevention API: The Google Data Loss Prevention API helps you understand and manage sensitive data. It provides fast, scalable classification and optional redaction for sensitive data elements like credit card numbers, names, social security numbers, passport numbers, US and selected international driver’s license numbers, phone numbers, and more.
Google Stackdriver: Google Stackdriver is an integrated monitoring, logging, and diagnostics hosted solution that helps you gain insight into applications that run on Google Cloud Platform and other public cloud platforms. Stackdriver helps you keep your cloud-powered applications fast and available. Stackdriver includes Monitoring, Logging, Error Reporting, Debugger and Trace components.
Google Cloud Translation API (and Google Cloud Translation API v2 or any subsequent general availability version/release) is a RESTful API that automatically translates text from one language to another language (e.g. French to English). You can use the API to programmatically translate text in your webpages or apps.
Google Cloud Platform Machine Learning Services Group:
- Google Cloud Vision API enables developers to understand the content of an image by encapsulating powerful machine learning models in an easy to use API. It quickly classifies images into thousands of categories (e.g., "sailboat", "lion", "Eiffel Tower"), detects individual objects and faces within images, and finds and reads printed words contained within images. You can build metadata on your image catalog, moderate offensive content, or enable new marketing scenarios through image sentiment analysis. You can also analyze images uploaded in the request and integrate with your image storage on Google Cloud Storage.
- Google Cloud Natural Language API: Google Cloud Natural Language API provides powerful natural language understanding as an easy to use API. This API enables application developers to answer the following questions: 1) What are the entities referred to in the block of text?; 2) What is the sentiment (positive or negative) for this block of text?; 3) What is the language of this block of text?; and 4) What is the syntax for this block of text (including parts of speech and dependency trees)? Users can call this API by passing in a block of text or by referring to a document in Google Cloud Storage.
- Google Cloud Speech API allows developers to convert audio to text by applying powerful neural network models in an easy to use API. To support your global user base, the API can recognize over 80 languages and variants. You can transcribe the text of users dictating to an application’s microphone, enable command-and-control through voice, or transcribe audio files, among many other use cases. You can stream audio directly to the API or pass URL to audio stored in Google Cloud Storage.
- Google Prediction API enables you to make your smart apps even smarter. The API accesses Google's machine learning algorithms to analyze your historic data and predict likely future outcomes.
- Google Cloud Video Intelligence API Google Cloud Video Intelligence API makes videos searchable, and discoverable, by extracting metadata with an easy to use REST API. It quickly annotates videos stored in Google Cloud Storage, and helps you identify key noun entities of your video and when they occur within the video.
Other Google Cloud Platform Services:
- Google Genomics provides an API to store, process, explore and share DNA sequence reads, reference-based alignments, and variant calls, using Google's cloud infrastructure.
- Google Cloud Console App is a native mobile app that enables customers to manage key Google Cloud services. It provides monitoring, alerting, and the ability to take actions on resources.
- Google Cloud Deployment Manager is a hosted configuration tool which allows developers and administrators to provision and manage their infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. It uses a declarative model which allows users to define or change the resources necessary to run their applications and will then provision and manage those resources.
- Google Cloud Identity-Aware Proxy is a tool that helps control access, based on a user's identity and group membership, to applications running on Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Cloud Resource Manager API allows you to programmatically manage Google Cloud Platform container resources (such as Organizations and Projects), that allow you to group and hierarchically organize other Google Cloud Platform resources. This hierarchical organization lets you easily manage common aspects of your resources such as access control and configuration settings.
- Google Cloud Security Scanner is a web application security scanner for Google App Engine. It enables developers to easily check for a subset of common web application vulnerabilities in websites built on App Engine.
- Google Cloud DNS: Google Cloud DNS is a high performance, resilient, global, fully managed DNS service that provides a RESTful API to publish and manage DNS records for your applications and services.
- VPN: VPN allows you to connect your existing network to your Google Compute Engine network via an IPsec connection or connect two different Google managed VPN gateways.
- Cloud Storage Transfer Service enables you to import large amounts of online data into Google Cloud Storage, quickly and cost-effectively. With Storage Transfer Service, you can transfer data from Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and other HTTP/HTTPS locations as well as transfer data between Google Cloud Storage buckets.
- Transfer Appliance is a solution that uses hardware appliances and software to transfer large amounts of data quickly and cost-effectively into Google Cloud Platform.
Firebase Authentication: Firebase Authentication provides backend services, easy-to-use SDKs and ready-made UI libraries to authenticate users into your application. It supports authentication using email & password, phone number and popular federated identity providers like Google and Facebook.
Firebase Test Lab for Android: Firebase Test Lab for Android lets you test your Android app using your test code or automatically on a wide variety of devices and device configurations hosted in a Google data center, with test results made available in the Firebase console.