The above beta advisory applies to using this feature with Cloud Run for Anthos on Google Cloud.
Stackdriver Monitoring provides Cloud Run performance monitoring, metrics, and uptime checks, along with alerts to send notifications when certain metric thresholds are exceeded. Stackdriver pricing applies, which means there is no charge for metrics on the fully managed version of Cloud Run. Note that you can also use Stackdriver Monitoring custom metrics.
Cloud Run is automatically integrated with Stackdriver Monitoring with no setup or configuration required. This means that metrics of your Cloud Run services are captured automatically when they are running.
You can view metrics either in Stackdriver Monitoring or in the Cloud Run page in the console. Stackdriver Monitoring provides more charting and filtering options.
The resource type differs for Cloud Run (fully managed) and Cloud Run for Anthos on Google Cloud:
For Cloud Run (fully managed) the monitoring resource name is "Cloud Run Revision" (
For Cloud Run for Anthos on Google Cloud the monitoring resource name is "Cloud Run on GKE Revision" (
Viewing metrics in Cloud Run
To view metrics in Cloud Run:
Locate the service in the services list, and click on it.
Click the Metrics tab to show the metrics for that revision.
Viewing metrics in Stackdriver Monitoring
To view the metrics for a monitored resource using Metrics Explorer, do the following:
- In the Google Cloud Console, go to Monitoring or use the following button:
Go to Monitoring
- If Metrics Explorer is shown in the navigation pane, click Metrics Explorer. Otherwise, select Resources and then select Metrics Explorer.
- Ensure Metric is the selected tab.
- Click in the box labeled
Find resource type and metric, and then select from the menu or
enter the name for the resource and metric. Use the following information to complete the
fields for this text box:
- For the Resource, select the resource type that corresponds to your platform you are using, as documented above.
- For the Metric, select one of the metrics in menu. For a full description of the available metrics, see:
- Use the Filter, Group By, and Aggregation menus to modify how the data is displayed. For example, you can group by resource or metric labels. For more information, see Selecting metrics - additional configuration.
Adding Uptime checks
You can use Stackdriver Monitoring to keep track of your services' performance. For more information, see Verify availability of your service(uptime checks).
You can use Stackdriver Monitoring to send notification about certain events, such as uptime check failures. For more information, see Create and manage alerting policies for your service.