Highly Available Global DNS Network
Google Cloud DNS is a scalable, reliable and managed authoritative Domain Name System (DNS) service running on the same infrastructure as Google. It has low latency, high availability and is a cost-effective way to make your applications and services available to your users. Cloud DNS translates requests for domain names like www.google.com into IP addresses like 188.8.131.52. Cloud DNS is programmable. You can easily publish and manage millions of DNS zones and records using our simple user interface, command-line interface or API.
100% Availability and Low Latency
Use Google’s infrastructure for production quality, high volume authoritative DNS serving. Your users will have reliable, low-latency access to Google’s infrastructure from anywhere in the world using our network of Anycast name servers. Our SLA promises 100% availability of our Authoritative Name Servers.
Cloud DNS can scale to large numbers of DNS zones and records. You can reliably create and update millions of DNS records. Our name servers automatically scale to handle query volume without any intervention from you.
Cost Effective Pricing Tiers
Cloud DNS is a simple, cost effective alternative to hosting your own DNS servers on premises or using other third party DNS services. For customers with more than 10,000 zones, our highest volume pricing tier lowers the cost of ownership for large organizations operating DNS infrastructure at scale.
- Authoritative DNS Lookup
- Cloud DNS translates requests for domain names like www.google.com into IP addresses like 184.108.40.206.
- Fast Anycast Name Servers
- Cloud DNS uses our global network of Anycast name servers to serve your DNS zones from redundant locations around the world, providing high availability and lower latency for your users.
- Scalability and Availability
- Cloud DNS can support a very large number of zones and DNS records per zone. Contact us if you need to manage millions of zones and DNS records. Our SLA promises 100% availability of our Authoritative Name Servers.
- Zone and Project Management
- Create managed zones for your project, then add, edit and delete DNS records. You can control permissions at a project level, and monitor your changes as they propagate to DNS name servers.
- Manage through API and Web UI
- You can manage DNS records using the Google Cloud Platform Console. Or, try our easy to use, scriptable `gcloud` command-line tool to manage your records. You can also access the fully-featured REST API to create your own customized DNS interface.
- Private Zones
- Private DNS zones provide an easy-to-manage internal DNS solution for your private GCP networks, eliminating the need to provision and manage additional software and resources. And since DNS queries for private zones are restricted to a private network, hostile agents can’t access your internal network information.
- DNS Forwarding
- If you have a hybrid-cloud architecture, DNS forwarding can help bridge your on-premises and GCP DNS environments. This fully managed product lets you use your existing DNS servers as authoritative, and intelligent caching makes sure your queries are performed efficiently — all without third-party software or the need to use your own compute resources.
- Stackdriver Logging
- Private DNS logs a record for every DNS query received from VMs and inbound forwarding flows within your networks. You can view DNS logs in Stackdriver Logging, and export logs to any destination that Stackdriver Logging export supports.
- DNS Peering
- DNS Peering makes available a second method of sharing DNS data. All or a portion of the DNS namespace can be configured to be sent from one network to another and, once there, will respect all DNS configuration defined in the peered network.
Cloud DNS pricing includes a monthly charge per zone plus usage costs based on query traffic. Learn more.
Managed Zone Charges
|First 25 Managed Zones||$0.20 per managed zone per month|
|Managed Zones 26 through 10,000||$0.10 per managed zone per month|
|Managed Zones over 10,000||$0.03 per managed zone per month|
Query Traffic Costs
|First 1 billion queries||$0.40 per million queries per month|
|Queries over 1 billion||$0.20 per million queries per month|
A product or feature listed on this page is in beta. For more information on our product launch stages, see here.