This page describes how to cancel an AlloyDB backup operation that is in progress.
You can cancel a running backup operation if:
- The source cluster of the backup is in the "Ready" state
- The backup is in the "Pending" state
To cancel the backup operation, you cancel the long-running operation that AlloyDB initiated to perform the operation. Note that in some cases, your attempt to cancel the long-running operation can fail due to the current status of the operation.
Before you begin
- The Google Cloud project you are using must have been enabled to access AlloyDB.
- You must have one of these IAM roles in the Google Cloud project you are using:
roles/alloydb.admin(the AlloyDB Admin predefined IAM role)
roles/owner(the Owner basic IAM role)
roles/editor(the Editor basic IAM role)
If you don't have any of these roles, contact your Organization Administrator to request access.
operations cancel command to cancel the long-running
operation performing an AlloyDB backup.
gcloud alloydb operations cancel OPERATION_ID \ --region=REGION_ID \ --project=PROJECT_ID
- OPERATION_ID: The ID of the long-running operation, as reported by AlloyDB when the backup was started.
- REGION_ID: The ID of the region where the backup is placed.
- PROJECT_ID: The ID of the project where the backup is placed.