This page describes how to delete the primary instance or a read pool instance from an AlloyDB cluster.
- The Cloud project you are using must have been enabled to access AlloyDB.
- You must have one of these IAM roles in the Cloud project you are using:
roles/alloydb.admin(the AlloyDB Admin predefined IAM role)
roles/owner(the Owner basic IAM role)
roles/editor(the Editor basic IAM role)
If you don't have any of these roles, contact your Organization Administrator to request access.
- In the Google Cloud console, go to the Clusters page.
- Click a cluster in the Resource Name column.
- In the Overview page, go to the Instances in your cluster section, choose the instance that you want to delete, and click Delete.
- In the dialog that appears, enter the instance's ID, and click Delete.
instances delete command to delete an instance.
gcloud beta alloydb instances delete INSTANCE_ID \ --region=REGION_ID \ --cluster=CLUSTER_ID \ --project=PROJECT_ID
- INSTANCE_ID: The ID of the instance.
- REGION_ID: The region where the instance is placed.
- CLUSTER_ID: The ID of the cluster where the instance is placed.
- PROJECT_ID: The ID of the project where the cluster is placed.