Pay Per Use Without Lock-in
Cloud SQL Second Generation introduces per-minute, pay per use billing, automatic sustained use discounts, and instance tiers to fit any budget. You won’t pay for unused time and with sustained use discounts, you automatically get discounted prices for databases that run continuously. Plus, there is no up-front commitment.
- Easily scale up to 16 processor cores and more than 100GB of RAM. Quickly scale out with read replicas.
- High Performance
- Designed for performance-intensive workloads and significantly faster than first generation.
- Cloud SQL instances are accessible from just about any application, anywhere. Easily connect from App Engine, Compute Engine, and your workstation.
- Fully Managed
- Replicated, managed and backed-up, so you can make better use of your time.
- Cloud SQL customer's data is encrypted when on Google's internal networks and when stored in database tables, temporary files, and backups. Every Cloud SQL instance includes a network firewall, allowing you to control network access to your database instance by granting access.
- Standard APIs
- Build and deploy for the cloud faster because Cloud SQL offers standard MySQL databases. Use standard connection drivers and built-in migration tools to get started quickly.
- Availability Protection
- Live migration of Compute Engine instances makes maintenance of our underlying infrastructure transparent. In case of a zone failure, High Availability protects your data to get you up and running quickly in another zone.
- More Convenient Maintenance
- Cloud SQL Second Generation offers configurable maintenance windows and less frequent maintenance so your databases have less downtime.
- Partnerships & Integrations
- Take advantage of our growing partner ecosystem and tools to make working with Cloud SQL even easier. Our partners help you streamline the process of loading your data, create rich visualizations for meaningful insights, and monitor and manage your databases.
Cloud SQL First Generation Pricing
Cloud SQL First Generation pricing offers "per use" pricing which bills at an hourly rate and a “packages plan” which is more cost effective for sustained use.
|Item||Per Use Plan||Packages Plan|
|Cloud SQL Instance
from 125MB to 16GB RAM
|$0.025 - $2.31 per hour||$0.0150 - $1.464 per hour1|
|Storage||$0.24 per GB per month||500MB - 10GB per instance included in Package Price2|
|Instance IPv4 Address||$0.01 per hour idle||$0.01 per hour idle|
Cloud SQL Second Generation Pricing
We are introducing a simpler, friendlier pricing structure with Cloud SQL Second Generation, including per minute billing and sustained use discounts, similar to Google Compute Engine.
|Item||STANDARD PRICING||WITH 100% SUSTAINED USE DISCOUNT|
|Cloud SQL Instance
from 600MB to 104GB RAM
||Sustained Use Discounts do not apply|
Egress: See Network Egress Pricing.
|Sustained Use Discounts do not apply|
2 $0.24 per GB per month for additional storage above included storage amount, which varies with instance size.