Discounts Without Lock-in
Cloud SQL offers per-second billing, automatic sustained use discounts, and instance sizes to fit any budget. Database instances are easy to stop and start. There is no up-front commitment, and with sustained use discounts, you'll automatically get discounted prices for databases that run continuously.
- Easily scale up to 64 processor cores and more than 400GB of RAM. Quickly scale out with read replicas.
- High Performance
- Designed to scale from small development workloads up to performance-intensive workloads.
- Cloud SQL instances are accessible from just about any application, anywhere. Easily connect from App Engine, Compute Engine, and your workstation.
- Fully Managed
- Replicated, managed and backed-up, so you can make better use of your time.
- Cloud SQL data is encrypted when on Google's internal networks and when stored in database tables, temporary files, and backups. Every Cloud SQL instance includes a network firewall, allowing you to control network access to your database instance. Learn more about Google Cloud Platform’s comprehensive security architecture.
- Standard APIs
- Build and deploy for the cloud faster because Cloud SQL offers standard MySQL and PostgreSQL databases. Use standard connection drivers and built-in migration tools to get started quickly.
- Availability Protection
- Live migration makes maintenance of our underlying infrastructure transparent. For isolation from failures, High Availability provides continuous health-checking and automatically fails over if an instance is not healthy.
- Partnerships & Integrations
- Take advantage of our growing partner ecosystem and tools to make working with Cloud SQL even easier. Our partners can help you streamline the process of loading your data, create rich visualizations for meaningful insights, and monitor and manage your databases.
“Cloud SQL gives us more time to work on products that provide value to our customers. Our individual teams, who are building micro services, can quickly provision a database on Cloud SQL.”- Tim Kelton Descartes Labs, Co-founder and Cloud Architect
“We're excited about the flexibility Cloud SQL brings to support quick development cycles that foster innovation, while scaling easily when required.”- James Donkin General Manager, Ocado
Cloud SQL Pricing
Cloud SQL pricing requires no up-front commitment and includes per-second billing and sustained use discounts, similar to Google Compute Engine. Please see our Cloud SQL pricing guide for more detail.
|Item||STANDARD PRICING||WITH 100% SUSTAINED USE DISCOUNT|
|Cloud SQL Instance
from 600MB to 416GB RAM
||Sustained Use Discounts do not apply|
Egress: See Cloud SQL Network Pricing.
|Sustained Use Discounts do not apply|