This document describes how to migrate Azure VMs to Google Cloud.
Before proceeding, complete the prerequisites for migrations from Azure to GCP.
Define Cloud Credentials
You must provide credentials for Migrate for Compute Engine to use Azure APIs during migration.
To define cloud credentials:
- Sign in to your Velostrata Manager as
- Click Source Cloud.
- Sign in with the credentials you created when creating the Velostrata Manager.
- On the Cloud Credentials tab, click Create.
- In the Create New Credentials dialog, enter values to configure
- Cloud provider -- Select Azure.
- Credentials Name -- Enter a name for this credential's configuration.
- Subscription ID -- Enter your Azure subscription ID.
- Tenant ID -- Enter your Azure tenant ID.
- Application ID -- Enter your Azure client ID.
- Application ID secret key -- Enter your Azure secret key.
- Click OK.
Define Cloud Details
Cloud Details define the specifics for the Azure environment that Migrate for Compute Engine will operate in. This includes Cloud credentials, location, subnet, and security group information.
Creating a Cloud Details object for Azure migrations
Create a Cloud Details object to represent the Azure source for VMs you're migrating to Google Cloud.
To create a Cloud Details object for Azure, go to the Home screen of Velostrata Manager:
- Click the Source Cloud icon.
- On the Cloud Details tab, click Create.
- In the Create New Cloud Details dialog, enter values to configure
- Cloud Provider -- Select Azure.
- Name -- Enter a name for this Cloud Details object.
- Credentials -- Select the Azure credentials object you created in the previous step.
- Location -- Select the location of your Azure environment.
- Subnet -- The subnet that the Migrate for Compute Engine import will use.
- Security Group -- Select the security group used to assign to the Migrate for Compute Engine importers.
- Click OK.
You are now ready to migrate VMs from Azure into GCP.