- Authoritative DNS Lookup
- Cloud DNS translates requests for domain names like www.google.com into IP addresses like 184.108.40.206.
- Fast Anycast Name Servers
- Cloud DNS uses our global network of Anycast name servers to serve your DNS zones from redundant locations around the world, providing high availability and lower latency for your users.
- Scalability and Availability
- Cloud DNS can support a very large number of zones and DNS records per zone. Contact us if you need to manage millions of zones and DNS records. Our SLA promises 100% availability of our Authoritative Name Servers.
- Zone and Project Management
- Create managed zones for your project, then add, edit and delete DNS records. You can control permissions at a project level, and monitor your changes as they propagate to DNS name servers.
- Manage through API and Web UI
- You can manage DNS records using the Google Cloud Platform Console. Or, try our easy to use, scriptable `gcloud` command-line tool to manage your records. You can also access the fully-featured REST API to create your own customized DNS interface.
- Private Zones (beta)
- Private DNS zones provide an easy-to-manage internal DNS solution for your private GCP networks, eliminating the need to provision and manage additional software and resources. And since DNS queries for private zones are restricted to a private network, hostile agents can’t access your internal network information.
- DNS Forwarding (beta)
- If you have a hybrid-cloud architecture, DNS forwarding can help bridge your on-premises and GCP DNS environments. This fully managed product lets you use your existing DNS servers as authoritative, and intelligent caching makes sure your queries are performed efficiently — all without third-party software or the need to use your own compute resources.
Cloud DNS pricing includes a monthly charge per zone plus usage costs based on query traffic. Learn more.
Managed Zone Charges
|First 25 Managed Zones||$0.20 per managed zone per month|
|Managed Zones 26 through 10,000||$0.10 per managed zone per month|
|Managed Zones over 10,000||$0.03 per managed zone per month|
Query Traffic Costs
|First 1 billion queries||$0.40 per million queries per month|
|Queries over 1 billion||$0.20 per million queries per month|
A product or feature listed on this page is in beta. For more information on our product launch stages, see here.