See the supported connectors for Application Integration.
Workflows - Execute task
The Workflows - Execute task lets you execute a workflow in Cloud Workflows. Executing a workflow runs the current workflow definition associated with the workflow.
Cloud Workflows is a Google Cloud service that allows you to fully-manage and orchestrate runtime services in the order you define.
Before you begin
Ensure that you perform the following tasks in your Google Cloud project before configuring the Workflows - Execute task:
- Enable the Workflow Executions API (
- Create an authentication profile. Application Integration uses an authentication profile to connect to an authentication endpoint for the Workflows - Execute task.
Configure the Workflows - Execute task
- In the Google Cloud console, go to the Application Integration page.
- In the navigation menu, click Integrations.
The Integrations page appears listing all the integrations available in the Google Cloud project.
- Select an existing integration or click Create integration to create a new one.
If you are creating a new integration:
- Enter a name and description in the Create Integration pane.
- Select a region for the integration.
- Select a service account for the integration. You can change or update the service account details of an integration any time from the Integration summary pane in the integration toolbar.
- Click Create.
This opens the integration in the integration editor.
- In the integration editor navigation bar, click Tasks to view the list of available tasks.
- Click and place the Workflows - Execute element in the integration editor.
- Click the Workflows - Execute element on the designer to view the Workflows - Execute task configuration pane.
- Go to Authentication, and select an existing authentication profile that you want to use.
Optional. If you have not created an authentication profile prior to configuring the task, Click + New authentication profile and follow the steps as mentioned in Create a new authentication profile.
- Go to Task Input, and configure the displayed inputs fields using the following Task input parameters table.
Changes to the inputs fields are saved automatically.
Task input parameters
The following table describes the input parameters of the Workflows - Execute task:
|Region||String||Region where you want to create a new Workflow execution. For example, |
|ProjectsId||String||Your Google Cloud project ID.|
|WorkflowsId||String||Name of your Workflow.|
|Request||JSON||See request JSON structure.|
The Workflows - Execute task returns the newly created instance of the Workflow execution.
Error handling strategy
An error handling strategy for a task specifies the action to take if the task fails due to a temporary error. For information about how to use an error handling strategy, and to know about the different types of error handling strategies, see Error handling strategies.
- Add edges and edge conditions.
- Test and publish your integration.
- Configure a trigger.
- Add a Data Mapping task.
- See all tasks for Google Cloud services.