See the supported connectors for Application Integration.
Call Integration task
The Call Integration task lets you invoke or call other integrations created within your Google Cloud project.
The Call Integration task is useful in scenarios where you need to define multiple small integrations (sub-integrations) that is controlled using a main integration (parent integration). After running a sub-integration, you can also read the response of the sub-integration in your main integration.
Before you begin
To identify and call other integrations, the Call Integration task uses the API trigger. Therefore, you must ensure that the integrations you want to call have been configured using the API trigger.
For information about configuring an API trigger see API trigger.
Configure the Call Integration task
To configure the Call Integration task:
- In the Google Cloud console, go to the Application Integration page.
- In the navigation menu, click Integrations.
The Integrations List page appears.
- Select an existing integration or create a new integration by clicking Create integration.
If you are creating a new integration:
- Enter a name and description in the Create Integration dialog.
- Select a Region for the integration from the list of supported regions.
- Click Create.
This opens the integration in the integration designer.
- In the integration designer navigation bar, click +Add a task/trigger > Tasks to view the list of available tasks.
- Click and place the Call Integration element in the integration designer.
- Click the Call Integration task element on the designer to view the Call Integration task configuration pane.
- Configure the following sub integration details:
- API Trigger ID: Type the API trigger ID of the integration that you want to call. You can call a single integration or multiple integrations with the same trigger ID.
- Run all integrations with this API Trigger ID: Select this option to call all the integrations
that have the same API Trigger ID.
For example, if integration
B, have the same API Trigger ID, both the integrations
- Run a single integration: Select this option to call only the integration specified in the
Integration name field. You can access and map the response from the sub-integration
by configuring the fields detailed in Map sub-integration response variables.
- Execution strategy: Select the execution modes for the sub-integrations that you want to call.
- SYNC: Runs the sub-integration in synchronous mode. In this mode, the main integration waits for the sub-integrations to complete before continuing with the downstream tasks.
ASYNC: Runs the sub-integration in asynchronous mode. In this mode, the main integration
does not wait for the sub-integrations to complete. Immediately after calling the sub
integrations, the main integration runs the downstream tasks.
If this option is selected, set the Execution delay (in milliseconds). When set, this specifies the time delay until the integration is run.
All changes to the properties are saved automatically.
Map sub-integration response variablesThe following table describes the configuration properties to map variables between the main integration and sub-integrations:
Maps values from the main integration to the sub-integration. This field takes values in the form of key-value pairs, where the key is a variable in the main integration, and the value is the corresponding input variable in the sub-integration.
For example, if you want to map the main integration's
Maps the sub-integration output variables to the main integration variables.
Click Subintegration output to map from and select the sub-integration. Click Integration variable to map to and select the corresponding main integration variable.
For information about the usage limits that apply to the Call Integration task, see Usage limits.
Retry on failure
You can configure various retry strategies to handle errors in a task. The retry strategies allow you to specify how to rerun the task or integration in case of an error. For more information, see Error handling strategies.