Google Cloud Trust Center
How we focus on security, compliance, and privacy to earn the position of your most trusted cloud.
Your decision to move applications or data to the cloud comes down to your ability to:
- Trust that your customer data will be stored, processed, and managed responsibly
- Maintain control of data on infrastructure you don’t own or manage
Ultimately, customer data is your data, not Google’s.
We work to earn your trust by:
- Providing a secure platform that delivers transparency and enables sovereignty
- Defending your data against threats and fraudulent activity using the same infrastructure and security services we use for our own operations
- Undergoing rigorous, independent verification of our security, privacy, and compliance controls to help you meet your regulatory objectives
We protect your information, identities, applications, and devices using the same secure-by-design infrastructure, built-in protection, and global network that Google uses.
We provide an opinionated view of Google Cloud security best practices for you, including:
- Deployable security blueprints and landing zones
- Best practices guides with specific information on helping secure Google Cloud deployments and recommended configurations, architectures, suggested settings, and other operational advice
- Security products that help you meet your policy, regulatory, and business objectives
We undergo independent verification of our security, privacy, and compliance controls to help you meet your regulatory and policy objectives:
- We provide compliance blueprints and reference architectures
- Explore our products that aid in your compliance
You can find details on our full set of compliance offerings, like ISO/IEC 27001/27017/27018/27701, SOC 1/2/3, PCI DSS, and FedRAMP certifications, and alignment with GDPR, and HIPAA in our Compliance resource center.
We know that privacy plays a critical role in earning and maintaining your trust.
With shared fate, we're with you at every step
At Google Cloud, we are active partners committed to helping you achieve your desired risk and security outcomes. We are not delineators of where our responsibility ends and where yours begins. We call this operating model shared fate.
At Google Cloud, we are transparent about our commitments and what you can expect when it comes to protecting and managing your data in the cloud.
"We keep your personal information private, safe, and secure. All of our products are guided by three important principles: With one of the world’s most advanced security infrastructures, our products are secure by default. We strictly uphold responsible data practices so every product we build is private by design. And we create easy to use privacy and security settings so you’re in control."
Sundar Pichai, Google I/O 2021