Proven Zero Trust protection, based on Google innovation
Google pioneered Zero Trust by globally implementing perimeterless security for itself based on context-aware least privilege. Agencies rely on Google Zero Trust capabilities for remote access, secure collaboration, and boundary security. To help you get started, we offer professional services (PSO) and partnerships to help you meet EO 14028, OMB M-22-09, and NSM-8.
Accelerate threat detection with modern cybersecurity analytics
Worsening threats demand that agencies increase their detection speed and scale by 10x to counter the pace of modern attacks. Google Cloud’s model of continuous detection and response can power agencies’ abilities to meet EO 14028 and OMB M-21-31. Google Cloud provides SaaS-based cyber analytics, powerful data platforms, BI platforms, SOAR, cloud logging tools, visibility tools, and key security partnerships.
Protect and modernize customer-facing web assets
EO 14058 seeks to improve digital customer experience by modernizing agency websites and online services that provide essential services to constituents. The security of public web servers is addressed in NIST 800-44. Google Cloud helps protects web assets from attacks and fraud by detecting bots, preventing denials of service, and using secure APIs.
Secure the software supply chain
Google best practices for the secure use of open-source software led it to create a framework for software supply chain security, known as Supply-chain Levels for Software Artifacts (SLSA). The framework helps government, industry, and the open-source community by formalizing criteria and providing recommendations around supply chain integrity and the software development life cycle.
Meeting U.S. government compliance requirements
"[Google Cloud's secure cloud management solution is one prototype helping to] simplify engagement with non-traditional technology vendors by allowing DIU users to collaborate in real time. The solutions provide equivalent security and control to the DoD’s Cloud Access Point (CAP) while delivering real-time performance, which is critical for such things as videoconferencing and file sharing..."
John Chen, Interim CIO, Defense Innovation Unit (DIU)Read the press release
- May 19: Hear Dan Prieto, Head of Security Strategy, Global Public Sector, Google Cloud speak at HammerCon, the national convention of the Military Cyber Professionals Association
- May 20: Sign up for Public Sector Connect and attend the following conversation hosted by Google experts: 'How Google pioneered Zero Trust, lessons learned & how to apply it to your organization'
- June 13-17: Hear Josh Marcuse, Head of Business Development, Google Cloud speak at the Defense One Tech Summit
- June 15: Hear Lynn Martin, VP, Public Sector, Google Cloud speak at FedTalks
- July 21: Hear Will Grannis, VP and CTO, Google Cloud speak at MeriTalk's Meritocracy: American Innovation Forum
- May 17: [Blog] Introducing Autonomic Security Operations for the U.S. public sector
- May 17: [Blog] How Google Cloud helps government agencies stay ahead of security threats
- May 13: [Blog] Helping global governments and organizations adopt Zero Trust architectures
- May 9: [Scoop News Group Article] Making sense of government zero-trust guidance feat. Dan Prieto, Head of Security Strategy, GPS, Google
- March 28: [Blog] Scale and Secure your Cloud Management for Defense Applications
- March 21: [Blog] Google Cloud's public sector professional services organization helps accelerate agency's authority to operate (ATO)
- March 8: [Blog] Make Cyber Defense Easier with Google Workspace
- Feb 8: [Blog] Five ways to stop automated website attacks with reCAPTCHA Enterprise
- Jan 13: [Blog] Making Open Source software safer and more secure
- May 17: [Event] Google Cloud Security Summit
- May 9: [Scoop News Group Podcast] VA CIO Kurt DelBene; What's next for agencies implementing President Biden's Cybersecurity EO feat. Dan Prieto, Head of Security Strategy, Global Public Sector, Google Cloud
- March 15: [Scoop News Group Podcast] Check out a two part interview with DOD CIO John Sherman, who discusses the Pentagon's Zero Trust journey, and Google Cloud's Alexis Bonnell who discussed ongoing IT modernization and digital transformation in government.