This page describes the pricing information for Cloud KMS. Prices are effective January 11, 2017.
Cloud Key Management Service charges for usage based on the following price sheet. A bill is sent out at the end of each billing cycle, listing previous usage and charges. Prices on this page are listed in US dollars (USD).
If you pay in a currency other than USD, the prices listed in your currency on Cloud Platform SKUs apply.
Important: Cloud KMS requires billing information for all accounts before you can start using the service. To sign up for billing, go to your project's billing page in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
Cloud KMS pricing is based on the number of active key versions, the protection level on the key versions, and a usage rate for key operations. For keys with protection level SOFTWARE, asymmetric keys and symmetric keys have the same price.
|Billable item||For keys with protection level SOFTWARE||For keys with protection level HSM|
|Active AES-256 and RSA 2048 key versions 1||$0.06 per month 2||$1.00 per month 2|
|Active RSA 3072, RSA 4096 or Elliptic Curve key versions 1||$0.06 per month 2||$2.50 per month for the first 2,000 2
$1.00 per month 2 thereafter
|Destroyed key versions||Free||Free|
|Key operations: Cryptographic||$0.03 per 10,000 operations 3||$0.03 per 10,000 operations 3 for AES-256 and RSA 2048 keys
$0.15 per 10,000 operations 3 for RSA 3072, RSA 4096, and Elliptic Curve keys
|Key operations: Admin||Free||Free|
1. A key version is active if it is in any of these states:
2. Cloud KMS bills monthly for the number of active key versions which you have for the month. This is not rounded but based on actual consumption. That is, if you had a key version that was active for only 2 days, you would be billed proportional to that usage, and not for the whole month.
3. Cloud KMS bills cryptographic operations per 10,000 operations. This is not rounded but based on actual consumption. That is, if your project performed 25,000 cryptographic operations, you would be billed for 2.5 times 10,000 operations.
In this example, we show a simple scenario that might apply if you are just getting started with Cloud KMS. We use a monthly billing period to simplify the calculations.
Suppose you have the following key usage pattern in a given month:
- 100 keys
CryptoKeys) with protection level SOFTWARE, with each key having 5 active versions, for a total of 500 key versions (
- 100,000 key use operations for symmetric encryption and decryption. (Key admin operations are free.)
- 10,000 key use operations for retrieval of a public key for an asymmetric key.
- 50,000 key use operations for asymmetric signing.
Your bill for the month would be calculated as follows:
- 500 key versions at $0.06: $30.00.
- 100,000 key use operations for symmetric encryption and decryption at $0.03 per 10,000 operations: $0.30.
- 10,000 key use operations for retrieval of a public key at $0.03 per 10,000 operations: $0.03.
- 50,000 key use operations for asymmetric signing at $0.03 per 10,000 operations: $0.15.
Total for this pricing example: $30.48
The Google Cloud Platform Console provides a transaction history for each of your projects. This history describes your current balance and estimated resource usage for that particular project.
To view a project's transaction history, go to the estimated billing invoice page.