This page describes the libraries and tools and provides other information to help you get started using Endpoints Frameworks with Python. See About Endpoints Frameworks for an architectural overview of Endpoints Frameworks.
Libraries and tools
Cloud Endpoints Frameworks for the App Engine standard environment provides the following libraries and tools:
- The Frameworks library.
endpointscfg.pycommand line tool, which you use to generate the following:
To use Endpoints Frameworks, follow the process shown in the Tutorial.
The general workflow for developing an app using Endpoints Frameworks is:
- Write your API code first, wrapping the classes and any exposed methods, and creating message classes as described in Create an Endpoints API.
- Create a web server to serve your API.
- Generate the OpenAPI configuration file and deploy it as described in the Tutorial.
- Optionally, test your API locally.
- Deploy the API.
- Generate client libraries.
- Write your client app, by using the client libraries when making calls to the API.
To get started, follow the Tutorial to configure, deploy, and send requests to a sample API. Then come back to this section for the information you need to configure, deploy, and test your own API.
Migrating from Endpoints version 1.0
If you've already developed an API backend using the previous version of Endpoints, follow the Migration guide to move your app to Endpoints version 2.0.