This page describes the libraries and tools and provides other information to help you get started using Cloud Endpoints Frameworks with Python. See About Cloud Endpoints Frameworks for an architectural overview of Cloud Endpoints Frameworks.
Libraries and tools
Cloud Endpoints Frameworks for App Engine standard provides the following libraries and tools:
- The Frameworks library.
endpointscfg.pycommand line tool, which you use to generate the following:
Using NDB Datastore with the frameworks
The easiest way to use Cloud Endpoints Frameworks for App Engine with NDB Datastore is to use the Endpoints Proto Datastore API library. For more information, visit the companion website Introduction to the Endpoints Proto Datastore API.
To use Endpoints Frameworks, follow the process shown in the Tutorial.
The general workflow for developing an app using Endpoints Frameworks is:
- Write your API code first, wrapping the classes and any methods to be exposed, and creating message classes as described in Create an Endpoints API.
- Create an API server, as described in Creating an API server.
- Generate the OpenAPI configuration file and deploy it as described in the Tutorial.
- Optionally, test your API locally.
- Deploy the API.
- Generate Client Libraries.
- Write your client app, using the client libraries when making calls to the API.
To get started, follow the Tutorial to configure, deploy, and send requests to a sample API. Then come back to this section for the information you need to configure, deploy, and test your own API.
Migrating from Endpoints 1.0
If you've already developed an API backend using the previous version of Endpoints, follow the Migration Guide to move your app to Endpoints 2.0.